Making List

Teacher

Making List

I am making a list with over 100 names and it is very time consuming. My list is in alphabetically order, I scroll down and find the first name and put a check on it, then the list auto scrolls to top and I have to start all over again.  I can use the search, but for over 100 names, that is time consuming.  Anyone with a faster method or suggestions would be appreciated.

georgelawshe

Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: Making List

georgelawshe wrote:

I am making a list with over 100 names and it is very time consuming. My list is in alphabetically order, I scroll down and find the first name and put a check on it, then the list auto scrolls to top and I have to start all over again.  I can use the search, but for over 100 names, that is time consuming.  Anyone with a faster method or suggestions would be appreciated.

georgelawshe

You might try subdividing you main list into several more manageable lists so you don't have to scroll as much (or at all). You can make a seperate list for personal or business contacts, or freinds or relatives etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 3 (155 Views)
Teacher

Re: Making List

Heres the situation.  I have 1390 contacts, I want to make a Christmas list of about 100 names  for sending emails to specific people at Chriistmas and other times.

If the last name is Azell, I go to Azell and join that person to the Christmas List.  After I save that person to the Christmas List, the main contact list automatically returns to the top.  Then I have to either search or scroll down to the name Brown etc.   This is really time consuming after using Microsoft Outlook.

I thought I could go down the list in alphabetically order  and put check marks in the box and then join several people at one time. 

Doesn't work that way only the last box chechecked is joined. 

Try it and you will see what I mean.\

Thanks for your help

George

Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.