Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 19, 2013
8:44:18 AM
View profile
MacBook Pro, iPad IV, and 2 iPhone 4s's Having Issues with AT&T Network

I have a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.5, and an iPad IV, both less than three months old. I also have a pair of iPhone 4s's. 

All of a sudden none of them can reliably connect to our AT&T Wireless home internet. There are particular websites we are blocked from viewing, notably any apple website, including apple.com, apple support, itunes, and App store, but also random ones like Wikipedia and others. We constantly get the "cannot connect to server" message. Yet other websites load right up with no problem. 

Many  websites are seriously snarled up, particularly Ebay, which is a critical one for me to have quick access to. Ebay screens are scrambled and out of order, act like purchases are being made when they're not, and photos don't show. All we get is little blue questionmarks. 

Multiple windows based PCs run on our home network work just fine, and we can get into any website with them. But ANY apple product is just stymied. We can turn off wifi on the phones, and get into websites with 3g, but as soon as the wife is turned back on, we're back to square one.

Nothing has changed on our network recently, although we did get a new router about three months ago, at AT&T Support's suggestion,  after having consistent wifi outages. I have noticed our wifi getting glitchier and slooooower as time goes by,  but again, it principally affects the Apple products.

My husband gets wifi at work just fine, and I am accessing wifi quickly and accurately on the MBP at this very moment on another network. 

The issue seems to be the AT&T home network, and very specifically with the full line of Apple products. 

Any clean and easy suggestions? I don't want to have to jump through hoops on four different products, and I now very much suspect it's something to do with AT&T?

I have a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.5, and an iPad IV, both less than three months old. I also have a pair of iPhone 4s's. 

All of a sudden none of them can reliably connect to our AT&T Wireless home internet. There are particular websites we are blocked from viewing, notably any apple website, including apple.com, apple support, itunes, and App store, but also random ones like Wikipedia and others. We constantly get the "cannot connect to server" message. Yet other websites load right up with no problem. 

Many  websites are seriously snarled up, particularly Ebay, which is a critical one for me to have quick access to. Ebay screens are scrambled and out of order, act like purchases are being made when they're not, and photos don't show. All we get is little blue questionmarks. 

Multiple windows based PCs run on our home network work just fine, and we can get into any website with them. But ANY apple product is just stymied. We can turn off wifi on the phones, and get into websites with 3g, but as soon as the wife is turned back on, we're back to square one.

Nothing has changed on our network recently, although we did get a new router about three months ago, at AT&T Support's suggestion,  after having consistent wifi outages. I have noticed our wifi getting glitchier and slooooower as time goes by,  but again, it principally affects the Apple products.

My husband gets wifi at work just fine, and I am accessing wifi quickly and accurately on the MBP at this very moment on another network. 

The issue seems to be the AT&T home network, and very specifically with the full line of Apple products. 

Any clean and easy suggestions? I don't want to have to jump through hoops on four different products, and I now very much suspect it's something to do with AT&T?

MacBook Pro, iPad IV, and 2 iPhone 4s's Having Issues with AT&T Network

2 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 7:28:06 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, springlering!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your Apple products to your home network.

If you don't mind, please send us a private messge by clicking here so we can investigate further. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, springlering!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your Apple products to your home network.

If you don't mind, please send us a private messge by clicking here so we can investigate further. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: MacBook Pro, iPad IV, and 2 iPhone 4s's Having Issues with AT&T Network

2 of 3 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 7:25:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am having very similar issues. Did you solve your problems?
I am having very similar issues. Did you solve your problems?

Re: MacBook Pro, iPad IV, and 2 iPhone 4s's Having Issues with AT&T Network

3 of 3 (309 Views)