Helpful Links

MS exchange server 2007 not delivering to bellsouth.net

Highlighted

MS exchange server 2007 not delivering to bellsouth.net

I have been getting emails from the company I am contracting with for 6 years.  Suddenly two weeks ago they can no longer deliver to my bellsouth.net address.  They say the problem is at AT&T.

Has anyone else had a problem with MS Exchange Server 2007 sending emails to Bellsouth.net, which I think uses yahoo mail?

Subject: Test

This message has not yet been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf.

Delivery of this message will be attempted until 1/11/2014 7:52:36 AM (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). Microsoft Exchange will notify you if the message can't be delivered by that time.

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Details.txt is sent along with notice the email will not be delivered.

Final-Recipient: rfc822;shows my bellsouth.net email address
Action: delayed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;400 4.4.7 Message delayed
Will-Retry-Until: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 07:52:36 -0600

Message 1 of 8
Community Manager

Re: MS exchange server 2007 not delivering to bellsouth.net

It is possible that their domain name is being blocked for security reasons, an administrator might need  use this site: att.net/blocks.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8

I sent an email to the address given on the 16th and I've not received a response yet.  I am still unable to receive emails from the MS exchange server 2007. 

Message 3 of 8
Community Manager

You might have to contact a person or department that manages their email servers and ask them to contact AT&T directly.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8

I have heard from their email administrator:

We are not on a black list with them.  I am not sure what is causing the block.  I would suggest using your mgtdata email address from now on.  I am able to make any changes and monitor this.  As I tell everyone here, there is only so much I can do with external addresses.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

He is content to leave me using the gmail address routing from mgtdata address and no longer try to figure out what the cause of the issue is.  It is up to me to get a suggestion for something for him to modify.

The week the ability to send to bellsouth.net stopped, their email server had a problem that required some kind of fix from their administrator.  After that fix was applied, I no longer was able to receive emails from them.  Yet he is indicating it is an AT&T issue. 

I was hoping there was a MS exchange server 2007 guru out there that knows exactly what would cause this.  It used to work.

Message 5 of 8
Community Manager

Hello again @Phone14gerry 

Thank you for the update. We might need to connect you with one of our social media care managers for more help, they're very good and might have some tips for you. Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 8

I was contacted by a social media care manager.  She verified there is no block on the sending email domain or IP address.  There was nothing more she could do.  It would be up to the MS exchange server administrator to see what was changed in the fix at the end of December.  He still contends it is an AT&T issue and refuses to look into the matter any longer.  He said the work around to use gmail should be acceptable to me.  

Thanks to AT&T for trying to help me.

Message 7 of 8

Update about original problem.  Another fix was done on the MS Exchange email on 02-20-14 and that was now able to send to bellsouth.net.

However - a customer in Aruba tried to send a response to my bellsouth.net email and it also could not be delivered.

Action: delayed
X-Supplementary-Info: < #4.4.7 smtp;400 4.4.7 Message delayed>

I am beginning to believe I cannot use my bellsouth.net email account with confidence that it will always receive the response sent. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support