Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 24, 2013
2:52:58 PM
View profile
Limiting number of emails imported to Mac Mail (from yahoo email or sbcglobal.net email accounts)

Hi,

New Mac user, trying to use the Mac Mail feature. I was able to add my @sbcglobal.net / yahoo email account(s), but unfortunately all 17,000 of my old emails came along with it. I don't want them all imported, taking up valuable storage space.

Tried Apple support, they referred me to AT&T support. Tried AT&T chat and their Twitter account, and the chat folks disconnected me while I was looking up my Uverse acct number. After countless google searches I am at wit's end and will give up my quest soon.

Does anyone know how/where to limit the number of emails that are imported to Mac Mail? There has to be a way and somebody else must have encountered this!

Please help!

Thanks!

Hi,

New Mac user, trying to use the Mac Mail feature. I was able to add my @sbcglobal.net / yahoo email account(s), but unfortunately all 17,000 of my old emails came along with it. I don't want them all imported, taking up valuable storage space.

Tried Apple support, they referred me to AT&T support. Tried AT&T chat and their Twitter account, and the chat folks disconnected me while I was looking up my Uverse acct number. After countless google searches I am at wit's end and will give up my quest soon.

Does anyone know how/where to limit the number of emails that are imported to Mac Mail? There has to be a way and somebody else must have encountered this!

Please help!

Thanks!

Limiting number of emails imported to Mac Mail (from yahoo email or sbcglobal.net email accounts)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 3:37:02 PM
(0)
Employee
If there is a way, Apple support as its their product.
However with that said, your email account is your email account,why do you have so many.
They all should transfer, would you rather only import 100 at a time and you have to accept or reject each individual transfer as a whole?

, start now removing all unwanted or save your time and let take up space.

If there is a way, Apple support as its their product.
However with that said, your email account is your email account,why do you have so many.
They all should transfer, would you rather only import 100 at a time and you have to accept or reject each individual transfer as a whole?

, start now removing all unwanted or save your time and let take up space.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Limiting number of emails imported to Mac Mail (from yahoo email or sbcglobal.net email accounts

2 of 2 (347 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments