Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 15, 2013
11:03:45 AM
View profile
Limiting Internet access
My step daughter has a kindle fire hd. We put limitations on her for the usage but that requires her to not use her kindle after a certain time because we take it from her. What I'm wanting to do is simply turn off the Internet from her kindle remotely, or thru another PC in the house to where she can still use her kindle for reading and such. Anybody know of a program I can try? Thank you.
My step daughter has a kindle fire hd. We put limitations on her for the usage but that requires her to not use her kindle after a certain time because we take it from her. What I'm wanting to do is simply turn off the Internet from her kindle remotely, or thru another PC in the house to where she can still use her kindle for reading and such. Anybody know of a program I can try? Thank you.

Limiting Internet access

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 12:08:42 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Kcleclere,

Off the top of my head the thing that comes to mind is to disable Wifi. Seeing as Wifi can be set up as password protected you can simply disable the Wifi connection when it's time.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Kcleclere,

Off the top of my head the thing that comes to mind is to disable Wifi. Seeing as Wifi can be set up as password protected you can simply disable the Wifi connection when it's time.

James

Re: Limiting Internet access

2 of 6 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 6:01:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
Really looking for a better/easier way. Wife would be the primary person to do this and she isn't very computer savvy.

Kevin
Really looking for a better/easier way. Wife would be the primary person to do this and she isn't very computer savvy.

Kevin

3 of 6 (664 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2013 7:47:25 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Kcleclere,

I found this video below showing a  Wifi restriction set up that might be of help.

Kindle Wifi setting

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Kcleclere,

I found this video below showing a  Wifi restriction set up that might be of help.

Kindle Wifi setting

James

4 of 6 (648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 9:09:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am trying to find the solution to this but when I click your link it states that I do not have authorization to view it. I need to figure out how to have the wifi unavailable for my son's phone after a set time weeknights. I do not want to just turn off the wifi, as I typically am up grading papers or working on a lesson plan until later but I do not want him to be able to be on his phone instead of sleeping. He needs to have it for an alarm or I would just take it away. Any suggestions? I certainly can't be the only parent wanting this feature, is there an easy way to do this? I already have his phone set to not allow data after a certain time, but he can still connect to our home wifi.
I am trying to find the solution to this but when I click your link it states that I do not have authorization to view it. I need to figure out how to have the wifi unavailable for my son's phone after a set time weeknights. I do not want to just turn off the wifi, as I typically am up grading papers or working on a lesson plan until later but I do not want him to be able to be on his phone instead of sleeping. He needs to have it for an alarm or I would just take it away. Any suggestions? I certainly can't be the only parent wanting this feature, is there an easy way to do this? I already have his phone set to not allow data after a certain time, but he can still connect to our home wifi.

5 of 6 (354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 6:01:24 AM
(0)
Employee
Have you consider doing what your parents did, buy an alarm clock for his room.
There are many things to keep one up at night without needing wifi connection.
Even if buy a router with parental control settings, to disable connection does not mean son will sleep.
Best bet like the old west, turn in that gun.
Have you consider doing what your parents did, buy an alarm clock for his room.
There are many things to keep one up at night without needing wifi connection.
Even if buy a router with parental control settings, to disable connection does not mean son will sleep.
Best bet like the old west, turn in that gun.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (331 Views)