Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

Teacher

Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

I am so confused! Some are saying you can keep your AT&T email address's after canceling DSL and some say no way.

What is the straight scoop? I can log in via the yahoo web page, so does this mean they have been migrated to yahoo?

If I can keep them, is it a webmail access only or can you still use pop?

Help!

Message 1 of 8
Tutor

Re: Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

Two years ago I cancelled DSL and I've been paying each month to keep my old AT&T e-mail address.  If you can keep it for free,  AT&T has been making me pay for a free service.

Message 2 of 8
Teacher

I was hoping maybe somebody in the know from AT&T would respond and set us straight.

Message 3 of 8
Teacher

Anybody?????

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I paid for years to keep my old att email address.  We recently switched back to ATT U-verse so now I won't be paying for my email anymore.  Who says you can have the email address for free?  I'll be upset if that is true since I paid each month for years!

Message 5 of 8
Teacher

Goggle something like "keeping AT&T email after DSL cancel" and you will finds lots of different opinions. Some are saying something about if your address is linked or migrated with a Yahoo account you can keep it.

I really don''t know and nobody from AT&T is addressing the subject here.

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

From what I've heard, if you cancel it becomes a free email but they dont do tech support on it, you're on your own. If you have a paid email, it's got 24/7 tech support I hear.

Message 7 of 8
Teacher

That's sorta of what I have heard. I guess you lose POP access when it reverts to a free account.

But on the other hand I have read if you have "merged" accounts with Yahoo before a certain date you retain all your existing features.

I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support