Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2013
8:57:15 AM
View profile
Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

I am so confused! Some are saying you can keep your AT&T email address's after canceling DSL and some say no way.

What is the straight scoop? I can log in via the yahoo web page, so does this mean they have been migrated to yahoo?

If I can keep them, is it a webmail access only or can you still use pop?

Help!

I am so confused! Some are saying you can keep your AT&T email address's after canceling DSL and some say no way.

What is the straight scoop? I can log in via the yahoo web page, so does this mean they have been migrated to yahoo?

If I can keep them, is it a webmail access only or can you still use pop?

Help!

Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 4:55:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Two years ago I cancelled DSL and I've been paying each month to keep my old AT&T e-mail address.  If you can keep it for free,  AT&T has been making me pay for a free service.

Two years ago I cancelled DSL and I've been paying each month to keep my old AT&T e-mail address.  If you can keep it for free,  AT&T has been making me pay for a free service.

Re: Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

2 of 8 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 1:42:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

I was hoping maybe somebody in the know from AT&T would respond and set us straight.

I was hoping maybe somebody in the know from AT&T would respond and set us straight.

3 of 8 (580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 1:45:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

Anybody?????

Anybody?????

4 of 8 (531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 8:06:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

I paid for years to keep my old att email address.  We recently switched back to ATT U-verse so now I won't be paying for my email anymore.  Who says you can have the email address for free?  I'll be upset if that is true since I paid each month for years!

I paid for years to keep my old att email address.  We recently switched back to ATT U-verse so now I won't be paying for my email anymore.  Who says you can have the email address for free?  I'll be upset if that is true since I paid each month for years!

5 of 8 (498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 6:58:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

Goggle something like "keeping AT&T email after DSL cancel" and you will finds lots of different opinions. Some are saying something about if your address is linked or migrated with a Yahoo account you can keep it.

I really don''t know and nobody from AT&T is addressing the subject here.

Goggle something like "keeping AT&T email after DSL cancel" and you will finds lots of different opinions. Some are saying something about if your address is linked or migrated with a Yahoo account you can keep it.

I really don''t know and nobody from AT&T is addressing the subject here.

6 of 8 (479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 7:27:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

From what I've heard, if you cancel it becomes a free email but they dont do tech support on it, you're on your own. If you have a paid email, it's got 24/7 tech support I hear.

From what I've heard, if you cancel it becomes a free email but they dont do tech support on it, you're on your own. If you have a paid email, it's got 24/7 tech support I hear.

7 of 8 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 2:06:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

That's sorta of what I have heard. I guess you lose POP access when it reverts to a free account.

But on the other hand I have read if you have "merged" accounts with Yahoo before a certain date you retain all your existing features.

I guess I will wait and see what happens.

That's sorta of what I have heard. I guess you lose POP access when it reverts to a free account.

But on the other hand I have read if you have "merged" accounts with Yahoo before a certain date you retain all your existing features.

I guess I will wait and see what happens.

8 of 8 (319 Views)