Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

Teacher

Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

I am so confused! Some are saying you can keep your AT&T email address's after canceling DSL and some say no way.

What is the straight scoop? I can log in via the yahoo web page, so does this mean they have been migrated to yahoo?

If I can keep them, is it a webmail access only or can you still use pop?

Help!

Message 1 of 8 (702 Views)
Tutor

Re: Keeping AT&T email address after canceling DSL????

Two years ago I cancelled DSL and I've been paying each month to keep my old AT&T e-mail address.  If you can keep it for free,  AT&T has been making me pay for a free service.

Message 2 of 8 (654 Views)
Teacher

I was hoping maybe somebody in the know from AT&T would respond and set us straight.

Message 3 of 8 (621 Views)
Teacher

Anybody?????

Message 4 of 8 (572 Views)
Contributor

I paid for years to keep my old att email address.  We recently switched back to ATT U-verse so now I won't be paying for my email anymore.  Who says you can have the email address for free?  I'll be upset if that is true since I paid each month for years!

Message 5 of 8 (539 Views)
Teacher

Goggle something like "keeping AT&T email after DSL cancel" and you will finds lots of different opinions. Some are saying something about if your address is linked or migrated with a Yahoo account you can keep it.

I really don''t know and nobody from AT&T is addressing the subject here.

Message 6 of 8 (520 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

From what I've heard, if you cancel it becomes a free email but they dont do tech support on it, you're on your own. If you have a paid email, it's got 24/7 tech support I hear.

Message 7 of 8 (452 Views)
Teacher

That's sorta of what I have heard. I guess you lose POP access when it reverts to a free account.

But on the other hand I have read if you have "merged" accounts with Yahoo before a certain date you retain all your existing features.

I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Message 8 of 8 (360 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.