Helpful Links

Issues with port forwarding on the Moto NVG589

Contributor

Issues with port forwarding on the Moto NVG589

I recently was switched over to the NVG589.  I had no issues in the past with my old gateway viewing my home cameras from my phone.  I have the correct IP address for the DVR.  I added the two ports separately that need opening with the correct device IP.  I verified the info on my phone (which did not change).  I am using the DDNS from Speco that matches with my unit info.  I'm using the 589 as my router.  I have no additional routers.  The dvr is connected via ethernet.  Everything shows up.  I pinged the unit with no issues.  I can view the cameras via the LAN.  My phone just keeps telling me the connection is not good.  I did an ip passthrough using the unit MAC address with the 589 and I was briefly able to see the cameras come up before I was disconnected.  Am I just missing a setting?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
Former Employee

Re: Issues with port forwarding on the Moto NVG589

Hello, Budlinks!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with port forwarding. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can help.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Message 2 of 3
Community Support

Re: Issues with port forwarding on the Moto NVG589

Hi Budlinks,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please send us a private message.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support