Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 23, 2013
8:40:03 PM
View profile
Is it possible to return to classic look?
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 23, 2013 at 9:11:00 PM

One day the system changed my email look without questioning me or any other option. Now I've learned on this forum that it is possible to return to the old look. How is that possible? What to do when system tries to force me to the new one?

Also, because I have some difficulties to navigate through this forum, would you like to let me know about answer using my email address ****@sbcglobal.net.

One day the system changed my email look without questioning me or any other option. Now I've learned on this forum that it is possible to return to the old look. How is that possible? What to do when system tries to force me to the new one?

Also, because I have some difficulties to navigate through this forum, would you like to let me know about answer using my email address ****@sbcglobal.net.

Is it possible to return to classic look?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 4:56:53 AM
(0)
Master

marecak wrote:

If you set your browser to my.yahoo.com you'll have access to the old interface.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

marecak wrote:

If you set your browser to my.yahoo.com you'll have access to the old interface.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Is it possible to return to classic look?

2 of 5 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 11:05:39 AM
(0)
Mentor
my.yahoo.com works great for the yahoo page but sadly, the mail link redirects to the same bloated useless "new" webmail page. Any Idea if the old, somewhat functional webmail interface is still out there?
my.yahoo.com works great for the yahoo page but sadly, the mail link redirects to the same bloated useless "new" webmail page. Any Idea if the old, somewhat functional webmail interface is still out there?

3 of 5 (212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 8:10:47 PM
(0)
Master

nt4usb wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think the mail interface is avoidable, unless you were to use a pop client.

nt4usb wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think the mail interface is avoidable, unless you were to use a pop client.

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 5 (197 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 6:31:22 PM
(0)
Mentor
That's what I figured. I have POP set up on the computers I use regularly. The new webmail page doesn't work at all in Firefox, the way I choose to run it... either Adblock, Flashblock, Ghostery, or Noscript doesn't play nice with the page. I'm not interested in working out which one since the old page worked fine, it's at&t that screwed up. I've been using the mobile webmail ap (m.yahoo.com) but at&t have recently gone and screwed that one up too.
That's what I figured. I have POP set up on the computers I use regularly. The new webmail page doesn't work at all in Firefox, the way I choose to run it... either Adblock, Flashblock, Ghostery, or Noscript doesn't play nice with the page. I'm not interested in working out which one since the old page worked fine, it's at&t that screwed up. I've been using the mobile webmail ap (m.yahoo.com) but at&t have recently gone and screwed that one up too.

5 of 5 (179 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments