Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Contributor

Internet connection repeatedly dropping

I own a DGN2200v3 Netgear router and may have only had this thing for about less than a year perhaps yet over the past few months the internet connection has gotten really really spotty. As I was signing up for this forum my connection dropped and last night the connection dropped again and again and again making my internet unable to be used.

Of course I assumed it was the router and went to Best Buy to talk to a guy about it and he suggested getting in contact with AT&T because there could be a mac address conflict that could be messing up the connection. I know it isnt my house because I had a DGN2000 that worked fine for a long while before its performance started acting like this router.

Any truth to the mac address conflict? Does AT&T have a different address on file rather than the one the router uses? Is there something else that is going on thats causing the problems that Im unaware of within the technical aspect of our DSL service? 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4 (659 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Can I get some input please?
Message 2 of 4 (610 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Which Uverse RG (residential gateway) do you own....?
510, 2210, 2701hgvb is for adsl2+ accounts, the 3600, 3800, 3801, i38hg, 589, 5031 are for vdsl accounts.

These are Uverse RGs, as your post is in a Uverse forum, I take it you have Uverse in one form or another.
Many routers can be placed behind the above units in DMZ mode, is that what you have done?

If you have a DSL account, and not a Uverse ADSL2+ or VDSL then have no information to offer.

edit: I am sorry I notice afterwards this is for DSL internet and not posted under Uverse.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (598 Views)
Tutor

The clue maybe in http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth....

Is the firewall allowing the DHCP renewal packets? They get refreshed every 10 minutes.  Check the settings.

Message 4 of 4 (584 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.