Internet Tech Support, located not in India, Management Number Please?

Contributor

Internet Tech Support, located not in India, Management Number Please?

[ Edited ]

I spend little over 3 hours having a phone adventure with AT&T'S award winning Hindu Tech Support from AT&T. I spent almost an hour on hold as well. Finally resulting in one of their guys slamming the phone on me, because I told him I could not understand him. I am more than frustrated. Who am I supposed to call now. Is there a management number I can call that will connect me to someone, preferably not with a Hindu accent. This is for DSL internet support. My internet speed is actually 100 Kbps/s instead of 1 MB. It has been this way for about a month. Every time I call them telling them I have a problem, they tell me the router is defective, and they send me the same Motorola router. The router is defective, why would you send me the same model? I have tried contacting them more than once, for my mother, who is not home until late at night due to work. My mother is Polish and speaks with an accent, the support service is constantly trying to sell her things. Resulting in my having to call in the day time time now. Please help.

Message 1 of 7 (2,232 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Internet Tech Support, located not in India, Management Number Please?

ShiroHana86,

Sorry to hear of your slower than normal internet speed. Please send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by following the link below. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time that you can be contacted, please allow up to 48 hours for a representative to contact you.

Private Message

I also have a few links below for at home trouble shooting.

AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve

AT&T Speed Test & understanding Internet speeds

Thank you,

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (2,177 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

You can ask them to transfer you to another rep, or also go into your local ATT store, and they can assist you also. Keep in mind, just because the rep on the phone has an accent does not mean that they are located in India.

I personally take offence to you really making what I take as a snarky comment to the rep as Hindu, when you do not realize that the India citizens are a mix of Hindu, Christian, and Buddhism. It is more of a mixed culture, just like it is here.

For all you know, the CSR you were talking to, could have been located in a stateside call center, not overseas.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

I agree with the not every tech with a accsent is in india but going into your local AT&T store dosen;t do much. I have tried that route and only get you need to phone the customer service if you have any issues.

Message 4 of 7 (2,124 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Hello, I had a problem similar to yours with the DSL modem red light activating.

In my case, I experienced intermittent failures and lost Internet until the box would reset itself.  Eventually, the failures became more frequent over a short time like a week or two.  The DSL modem box finally died and gave me an error page instructing me to contact ATT for a replacement with the telephone numbers and everything.

I was able to call ATT and get a new DSL modem box delivered to my home within about four days.  I was offered a choice of obtaining my own modem if I wanted, but I chose to have ATT sell and deliver a modem to me.

A new unit arrived and it turned out to be a new model.  After I installed it and logged into the modem, everything was back up and running.  I remember going through an account verification process over the telephone as well to ensure security of my billing.

Good luck with your device!

Raleigh

Message 5 of 7 (2,087 Views)

you might want to know that Hindu is a religion. I think you are meaning to say Hindi.as that is a common dialect of India. Yes you are correct in thinking they are from India. I flat out asked the representative where he was located... And he told me India. This type of support is really dated and a lot of companies are coming back to the US for representatives. Unfortunately AT&T is not one of those company. I just spent an hour and 5 minutes talking to two different representations. the problem is not only with their inability to speak English it is also with their electrical systems going out every few hours.not to mention their data networks...AT&T customer support is cumbersome at best. Their tech support is much worse. When Google Fiber finally comes to my city which is already happening, I hope they do not have to go to such measures as using outsourced underpaid under qualified and support of no value. There are many US citizens who need jobs, this type of company management is a slap in the face for any of us US citizens who are paying good money for this service.
Message 6 of 7 (1,742 Views)

I use my phone to type this so please disregard the grammatical errors and typos.
Message 7 of 7 (1,741 Views)