A picture is worth a thousand words, these images say it all. Does anyone know why I pay for 12 mbps high speed internet and instead get this?
No, you didn't give us any details:
1) Is this test wired or wireless? If wireless, please run again wired for comparison.
2) Do you have anything else going on when you ran this speed test? Especially: Online backup, P2P File sharing, etc.
3) Is your poor speed consistent, or only at certain times?
To be honst I didn't exactly know what information you needed, which is why I didn't add any.
1. Wireless and I do not have any hardwired computers setup.
2. You are right, it turns out someone was downloading a lot of information using my internet which was unsecured. I locked it and am at the moment running 17 mbps.
Thanks for the help! It turns out I was crying over nothing.....Or it could be that the connection is bad at night. We shall see later today.
Yeah, now I only get 8 mbps. A little bit of a difference.
Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!
Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!
This link will open a new window
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!