A picture is worth a thousand words, these images say it all. Does anyone know why I pay for 12 mbps high speed internet and instead get this?
No, you didn't give us any details:
1) Is this test wired or wireless? If wireless, please run again wired for comparison.
2) Do you have anything else going on when you ran this speed test? Especially: Online backup, P2P File sharing, etc.
3) Is your poor speed consistent, or only at certain times?
To be honst I didn't exactly know what information you needed, which is why I didn't add any.
1. Wireless and I do not have any hardwired computers setup.
2. You are right, it turns out someone was downloading a lot of information using my internet which was unsecured. I locked it and am at the moment running 17 mbps.
Thanks for the help! It turns out I was crying over nothing.....Or it could be that the connection is bad at night. We shall see later today.
Yeah, now I only get 8 mbps. A little bit of a difference.
Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!
Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!
For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!