Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 1, 2013
10:55:48 PM
View profile
Internet Performing Terribly

A picture is worth a thousand words, these images say it all. Does anyone know why I pay for 12 mbps high speed internet and instead get this?

A picture is worth a thousand words, these images say it all. Does anyone know why I pay for 12 mbps high speed internet and instead get this?

Internet Performing Terribly

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 7:23:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, you didn't give us any details:

1) Is this test wired or wireless?  If wireless, please run again wired for comparison.

2) Do you have anything else going on when you ran this speed test?  Especially: Online backup, P2P File sharing, etc.

3) Is your poor speed consistent, or only at certain times?

No, you didn't give us any details:

1) Is this test wired or wireless?  If wireless, please run again wired for comparison.

2) Do you have anything else going on when you ran this speed test?  Especially: Online backup, P2P File sharing, etc.

3) Is your poor speed consistent, or only at certain times?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Internet Performing Terribly

2 of 4 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 10:39:25 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by NotRyan on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:40:28 AM

To be honst I didn't exactly know what information you needed, which is why I didn't add any.

1. Wireless and I do not have any hardwired computers setup. 

2. You are right, it turns out someone was downloading a lot of information using my internet which was unsecured. I locked it and am at the moment running 17 mbps. 

Thanks for the help! It turns out I was crying over nothing.....Or it could be that the connection is bad at night. We shall see later today. 

To be honst I didn't exactly know what information you needed, which is why I didn't add any.

1. Wireless and I do not have any hardwired computers setup. 

2. You are right, it turns out someone was downloading a lot of information using my internet which was unsecured. I locked it and am at the moment running 17 mbps. 

Thanks for the help! It turns out I was crying over nothing.....Or it could be that the connection is bad at night. We shall see later today. 

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 8:47:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, now I only get 8 mbps. A little bit of a difference. 

Yeah, now I only get 8 mbps. A little bit of a difference. 

4 of 4 (335 Views)