I'm getting notices to ugrade e-mail service when I don't use the web based e-mail

Contributor

I'm getting notices to ugrade e-mail service when I don't use the web based e-mail

I have been getting notices from AT&T to "upgrade" if I use various browsers. I don't understand this. If a browser is used to view e-mail via a web based interface, what needs to be ugraded? I have spent plenty of time with web related tech, including setting up and managing e-mail servers and clients. I use e-mail client software to view read and manage my e-mail via prodigy.net address. I have recently followed instructions to revise my POP and SMTP account settings. But I am now getting notices that the certificate presented is not recognized when I send mail through the appointed SMTP server. My e-mail account goes back to the early 2000's and since March of 2010 I ceased being an AT&T phone and internet customer, due to relocation from the L.A. area to southern Oregon. I expected this e-mail account to be terminated but since it has remained active I use it. I am asking here because not being an AT&T customer, I would not expect to get tech support.

Thanks for time and attention:

JK

Message 1 of 2 (199 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: I'm getting notices to ugrade e-mail service when I don't use the web based e-mail

Hello, jekillen!

Are you still seeing this notice? Could you maybe provide us with a screenshot?

It's possible that you are using an outdated version of a browser. If that's the case, it could be that it's asking you to update to a more current version of that same browser. However, it's difficult to say for sure without seeing the error.

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

You should receive a response within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)