Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 26, 2013
6:42:43 AM
View profile
How to setup WD My Cloud for remote access

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2TB WD My Cloud and have it setup so that all computers / tablets can access it when connected to my home LAN.  The problem comes in when I try to remote access it from a device not using my home wifi network, I keep getting an "Unable to access device (0)" error.  After reviewing several WD forums and other resources, I'm thinking it has to do with my router settings.  I have an i3812v router, and have made no changes to it since it was installed a year and a half ago.

From what I gather from the other posts I've read, I need to setup port forwarding for ports 80 and 443, but would appreciate any assistance in helping me get going.  I'm a bit of a network novice, and my biggest fear is opeing up vulnerabilities in my system by setting something up wrong.  Also, my main goal with this is to be able to access my media libraries (movies, music, pics, etc...) when away from home.

Thanks in advance,

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2TB WD My Cloud and have it setup so that all computers / tablets can access it when connected to my home LAN.  The problem comes in when I try to remote access it from a device not using my home wifi network, I keep getting an "Unable to access device (0)" error.  After reviewing several WD forums and other resources, I'm thinking it has to do with my router settings.  I have an i3812v router, and have made no changes to it since it was installed a year and a half ago.

From what I gather from the other posts I've read, I need to setup port forwarding for ports 80 and 443, but would appreciate any assistance in helping me get going.  I'm a bit of a network novice, and my biggest fear is opeing up vulnerabilities in my system by setting something up wrong.  Also, my main goal with this is to be able to access my media libraries (movies, music, pics, etc...) when away from home.

Thanks in advance,

How to setup WD My Cloud for remote access

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 7:27:08 AM
(0)
Employee
Do you have wireless receivers for IP TV services. Port 443 is to control wireless receivers.
http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Blocking-INBOUND-port-443-HTTPS/m-p/3468151/highlight/t...

This post may help if setting up router behind, needing port forwarding on port 80
Do you have wireless receivers for IP TV services. Port 443 is to control wireless receivers.
http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Blocking-INBOUND-port-443-HTTPS/m-p/3468151/highlight/true#M37830

This post may help if setting up router behind, needing port forwarding on port 80
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How to setup WD My Cloud for remote access

2 of 3 (5,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 7:27:46 AM
(0)
Employee
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How to setup WD My Cloud for remote access

3 of 3 (5,137 Views)