How to disable DHCP on 7550 modem/router?

Contributor

How to disable DHCP on 7550 modem/router?

I'm not sure exactly what the model number is. Under "Connection Information - Gateway Information" in the web-based config it shows:

Gateway Name  VersaLink

Model  B90-755025-15

Anyway, I cannot figure out how to disable the DHCP server.  Is there a way?

Message 1 of 4 (4,869 Views)
Contributor

Re: How to disable DHCP on 7550 modem/router?

I am working with a client now that has this new DSL modem.  Anyone had any luck in disabling the DHCP.  I don't see an option for that or for bridge mode for that matter.

Message 2 of 4 (4,508 Views)
Contributor

This model does not have the ability to just turn off DHCP. The tech believe that they can turn if off, but really they can't. They really need to invest in equipment that the customers want and need. Every tech I spoke with talked about a previous modem that they no longer carry or support and how easy it was to use and customize. This model 7550 is very limited. The best solution is to find a different modem.
Message 3 of 4 (3,709 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

it can be done but the customer has to have their firmware updated to 06.04.18 or newer. business customers can go to http://www.attcpeupgrade.com/7550 and watch video and follow the steps.

Message 4 of 4 (3,196 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.