Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 25, 2014
10:13:50 AM
How do you remove PC from McAfee Online?

I just upgraded (new install) my version of Windows. Now my PC Shows up twice when you look at the McAfee online. Two different names and IP's. So it thinks I have 3 PC's licensed. How do you remove the PC that is no longer alive?

I just upgraded (new install) my version of Windows. Now my PC Shows up twice when you look at the McAfee online. Two different names and IP's. So it thinks I have 3 PC's licensed. How do you remove the PC that is no longer alive?

How do you remove PC from McAfee Online?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 5:32:54 AM
(0)
Master

@CTBoater  wrote:

To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer:

1. Open a web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com
  2. Click My Account.
  3. Type your McAfee user account and password.
  4. Click Log In. (If you want your browser to remember your user name, select Remember Me.) 
  5. Select the device to deactivate the license from.
  6. Click Deactivate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

@CTBoater  wrote:

To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer:

1. Open a web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com
  2. Click My Account.
  3. Type your McAfee user account and password.
  4. Click Log In. (If you want your browser to remember your user name, select Remember Me.) 
  5. Select the device to deactivate the license from.
  6. Click Deactivate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: How do you remove PC from McAfee Online?

2 of 5 (1,996 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 7:07:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

That only works if you have a direct subscription with McAfee. This is when you install through the  ATT Web Site for the free subscription. When you go back it shows the PC's protected and shows an Active Button but you cannot deactivate anything. The site says subscription through ATT but does not let you manage them. I think ATT only lets you install 4 systems and I need to remove that old one not in use.

That only works if you have a direct subscription with McAfee. This is when you install through the  ATT Web Site for the free subscription. When you go back it shows the PC's protected and shows an Active Button but you cannot deactivate anything. The site says subscription through ATT but does not let you manage them. I think ATT only lets you install 4 systems and I need to remove that old one not in use.

3 of 5 (1,991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 8:06:43 AM
(0)
Master

@CTBoater  wrote:

Sorry, I did not realize AT&T put a limit on them, I would think it would be in AT&T's best interest to ensure any and all computers using the system are protected. I don't use Mcafee.

You can try calling 877-312-5550 and select option #4. These people might be able to assist you. They handle online accounts and features.

@CTBoater  wrote:

Sorry, I did not realize AT&T put a limit on them, I would think it would be in AT&T's best interest to ensure any and all computers using the system are protected. I don't use Mcafee.

You can try calling 877-312-5550 and select option #4. These people might be able to assist you. They handle online accounts and features.

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 5 (1,985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2014 2:54:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem, but with a Mac. Due to reformat & reinstallation of Mac OS X, I wind up using three licenses for the same Mac. Would like to deactivate unused licenses in case my 5 year-old Mac crashes again and I need a 4th and 5th license to support this old Mac and a new Mac I plan to buy this fall so I can set up my new Mac to fully replace my old Mac. After 7 hours overs 2 separate days, the AT&T reply is that it is a known problem and McAfee is working on a reply. 

Problem #2 is that I want to install ATT-McAfee on my old PC with Windows XP because Microsoft have just stopped supporting WinXP and I need a McAfee license for my PC now. Currently, My AT&T-McAfee account limits me to ONLY Mac licenses! I believe the last Level 2 support lady was telling me this is also a known problem and McAfee is working on a reply.

I was a Time-Warner Cable user for 14 years and just switched over to AT&T almost 2 years ago when I switched from Verizon Wireless and Time Warner Cable TV and Broadband to AT&T Wireless, TV and Broadband package. Didn't have any problem using the Security Suite Time Warner provided for both my Macbook Pro and three Windows XP PC's.

Seems AT&T Tech Support (Levels 1 & 2) I talked to are not equipped to help with these two issues. I will post any additional progress and monitor the forum for how to approach this problem.

I have the same problem, but with a Mac. Due to reformat & reinstallation of Mac OS X, I wind up using three licenses for the same Mac. Would like to deactivate unused licenses in case my 5 year-old Mac crashes again and I need a 4th and 5th license to support this old Mac and a new Mac I plan to buy this fall so I can set up my new Mac to fully replace my old Mac. After 7 hours overs 2 separate days, the AT&T reply is that it is a known problem and McAfee is working on a reply. 

Problem #2 is that I want to install ATT-McAfee on my old PC with Windows XP because Microsoft have just stopped supporting WinXP and I need a McAfee license for my PC now. Currently, My AT&T-McAfee account limits me to ONLY Mac licenses! I believe the last Level 2 support lady was telling me this is also a known problem and McAfee is working on a reply.

I was a Time-Warner Cable user for 14 years and just switched over to AT&T almost 2 years ago when I switched from Verizon Wireless and Time Warner Cable TV and Broadband to AT&T Wireless, TV and Broadband package. Didn't have any problem using the Security Suite Time Warner provided for both my Macbook Pro and three Windows XP PC's.

Seems AT&T Tech Support (Levels 1 & 2) I talked to are not equipped to help with these two issues. I will post any additional progress and monitor the forum for how to approach this problem.

5 of 5 (1,951 Views)