Frequently changing IP

Tutor

Frequently changing IP

Hello,

I've had basic DSL through AT&T many years now and although it was never fast, I had no _major_ complaints.

But lately I've noticed that my IP has been changing frequently. It used to change on me about once a week or so. Those days are gone. I wrote a script to track the changes and my IP changes anywhere from 3-10 times a day now. For example, it changed 8 times Sunday and 7 times on Saturday. From my logs these changes happen sporadically throughout the day and night. Rebooting my DSL modem has not made a difference.

Is AT&T trying to get me to abandon DSL for Uverse? What's going on here?

Message 1 of 2
Tutor

Re: Frequently changing IP

Since nobody seems to have a quick answer for my situation, let me get a feel for typical IP changing behavior. If you have DSL internet, how often do people experience their IP changing?

I've heard of others (with a cable provider) where it might only change once a year.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support