Font & text with new email - changes unexpectedly when send

Highlighted
Mentor

Font & text with new email - changes unexpectedly when send

I find the font size & text choices a bit troublesome.  More than once I have sent an email and when I view the sent email I see that the font size for one sentence appears a different size or a different font text type somewhere in the email.

This occurs in both browsers - IE and Google Chrome, so I think the issue is related to something else.

Nowadays if a really important email, I do a test of the email first (send to myself) before I send to the recipient to avoid this problem. 

I have tried selected all the text and resetting to the correct font & size, but that seems to create problems with spacing between lines. 

Anyone else encountering this problem?

Besides I do not know many people who would choose the font types available. What happened to Ariel as a font option?

Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)
Scholar

Re: Font & text with new email - changes unexpectedly when send

I have noticed that occasionally the format of my emails change from creation to sending.  For example, where I start a new paragraph, it sometimes "forgets" a paragraph existed and runs the first sentence right after the previous.

Like this:

This is a sentence.

This is a new paragraph.

Becomes (when sent):

This is a sentence.  This is a new paragraph.

Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)
Contributor

The font size enlarges to 18 when I type the body of my e-mail.  I've adjusted the font style and size several times and saved it in the setting, but it hasn't helped.  I sent myself an e-mail in which I corrected the font size, but the received message had the enlarged font size I had corrected.  The greeting and signature remained in the smaller font.  This has occurred since the new e-mail format.  I never had a problem prior to the update.

Message 3 of 4 (295 Views)
Contributor

BTW I use Firefox.
Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.