Font & text with new email - changes unexpectedly when send

Highlighted
Mentor

Font & text with new email - changes unexpectedly when send

I find the font size & text choices a bit troublesome.  More than once I have sent an email and when I view the sent email I see that the font size for one sentence appears a different size or a different font text type somewhere in the email.

This occurs in both browsers - IE and Google Chrome, so I think the issue is related to something else.

Nowadays if a really important email, I do a test of the email first (send to myself) before I send to the recipient to avoid this problem. 

I have tried selected all the text and resetting to the correct font & size, but that seems to create problems with spacing between lines. 

Anyone else encountering this problem?

Besides I do not know many people who would choose the font types available. What happened to Ariel as a font option?

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: Font & text with new email - changes unexpectedly when send

I have noticed that occasionally the format of my emails change from creation to sending.  For example, where I start a new paragraph, it sometimes "forgets" a paragraph existed and runs the first sentence right after the previous.

Like this:

This is a sentence.

This is a new paragraph.

Becomes (when sent):

This is a sentence.  This is a new paragraph.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

The font size enlarges to 18 when I type the body of my e-mail.  I've adjusted the font style and size several times and saved it in the setting, but it hasn't helped.  I sent myself an e-mail in which I corrected the font size, but the received message had the enlarged font size I had corrected.  The greeting and signature remained in the smaller font.  This has occurred since the new e-mail format.  I never had a problem prior to the update.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

BTW I use Firefox.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Do you have questions about Internet and Email Security? Have them answered on Wednesday, April 26th at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Hack Attack!

Additional Support