Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 28, 2014
3:20:29 PM
View profile
Feeling non appreciated!!!

We have had our cell phone with ATT for around 12yrs and DSL for 4yrs. Called about my DSL bill going up and the associate tried to deflect the question and proceed to tell me how I could save money on our cell phone account...... NOT why i called! Asked to speak with a supervisor and was put on hold for 45 min before i hung up. Called back today and asked for supervisor again and was placed on hold for 50 min this time and during this call we received an alert that our cell phone bill has been changed to paperless which we never discussed! Then they disconnected the call while i was on hold. I then called the mobile side to correct that billing change and explained my DSL issues i was having and she was shocked how they had treated me. She connected me back with DSL side and even with her help they still wouldnt connect me to a Supervisor. Instead the lady proceeded to inform me that my price change is due to new fiber optics being ran in my area. Thats totally different than what my bill says. My bill says the change is due to our cell and dsl accounts not being bundled (THEY NEVER HAVE BEEN) but all of a sudden i have to pay more and be talked too like im stupid from the DSL associate. This has been a total waiste of my time! The DSL associates name is Ella which is short for Cinderella she said. Its sad that this is how we are treated after being loyal good paying customers!!

We have had our cell phone with ATT for around 12yrs and DSL for 4yrs. Called about my DSL bill going up and the associate tried to deflect the question and proceed to tell me how I could save money on our cell phone account...... NOT why i called! Asked to speak with a supervisor and was put on hold for 45 min before i hung up. Called back today and asked for supervisor again and was placed on hold for 50 min this time and during this call we received an alert that our cell phone bill has been changed to paperless which we never discussed! Then they disconnected the call while i was on hold. I then called the mobile side to correct that billing change and explained my DSL issues i was having and she was shocked how they had treated me. She connected me back with DSL side and even with her help they still wouldnt connect me to a Supervisor. Instead the lady proceeded to inform me that my price change is due to new fiber optics being ran in my area. Thats totally different than what my bill says. My bill says the change is due to our cell and dsl accounts not being bundled (THEY NEVER HAVE BEEN) but all of a sudden i have to pay more and be talked too like im stupid from the DSL associate. This has been a total waiste of my time! The DSL associates name is Ella which is short for Cinderella she said. Its sad that this is how we are treated after being loyal good paying customers!!

Feeling non appreciated!!!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 4:12:59 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Mar 29, 2014 at 4:15:48 AM

@Chad Smith  wrote:

Yup, sometimes you just can't get anyone responsible on the phone.Smiley Frustrated

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days (excluding weekends) to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

Or you can call the Retention Department. I've always found them extremely helpful in keeping my prices in line when the automatic price increases roll through the billing database and pump everything up to maximum.

The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number during normal business hours, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be persistent) and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

@Chad Smith  wrote:

Yup, sometimes you just can't get anyone responsible on the phone.Smiley Frustrated

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you within a couple days (excluding weekends) to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

Or you can call the Retention Department. I've always found them extremely helpful in keeping my prices in line when the automatic price increases roll through the billing database and pump everything up to maximum.

The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number during normal business hours, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be persistent) and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Feeling non appreciated!!!

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 10:43:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you Joe for the advice!

Thank you Joe for the advice!