Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 24, 2013
8:45:55 AM
Failed email delivery

Sporadically my home email address gets a send failure notice when sending to my work address. Not every time, which is odd. I am sending from @att.net to @nasa.gov. The "failure to send" notice has something to do with spambot.

Sporadically my home email address gets a send failure notice when sending to my work address. Not every time, which is odd. I am sending from @att.net to @nasa.gov. The "failure to send" notice has something to do with spambot.

Failed email delivery

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 1:54:47 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello sbbrooks,

Are you using an Email Client, like Outlook or Thunderbird, or are you logging in online on att.net (att.yahoo.com)?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello sbbrooks,

Are you using an Email Client, like Outlook or Thunderbird, or are you logging in online on att.net (att.yahoo.com)?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Failed email delivery

2 of 6 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 5:15:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is my wife having the issue and she almost exclisively uses her iphone. I recently had another friend try to send my something from bellsouth and had the same issue.

It is my wife having the issue and she almost exclisively uses her iphone. I recently had another friend try to send my something from bellsouth and had the same issue.

3 of 6 (323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 5:16:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

I hda not seen where you replied quite a while back. I did not get a notice. Thanks!

I hda not seen where you replied quite a while back. I did not get a notice. Thanks!

4 of 6 (322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 2:29:27 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @sbbrooks 

This is definitely odd, I recommend start by testing if it sends from an online email access site, and also try power cycling her phone. It's also possible that something is blocking them on receiving end.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello @sbbrooks 

This is definitely odd, I recommend start by testing if it sends from an online email access site, and also try power cycling her phone. It's also possible that something is blocking them on receiving end.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (276 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 2:30:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

While I have you may I ask another question? I understand I can electronically "reboot" my modem/router. Can you tell me how? It is located behind a panel in a closet so the old standby of unplugging it is not a reseonable option. The email issue has resolved itself only because my wife switched to using a gmail account. Not valid solution for the att account getting rejected found.

While I have you may I ask another question? I understand I can electronically "reboot" my modem/router. Can you tell me how? It is located behind a panel in a closet so the old standby of unplugging it is not a reseonable option. The email issue has resolved itself only because my wife switched to using a gmail account. Not valid solution for the att account getting rejected found.

6 of 6 (259 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments