Extremely Slow Internet

Contributor

Extremely Slow Internet

[ Edited ]

I had good internet speeds at one point, suddenly for the past month or two, it seems as slow as dial up. I have High Speed Internet Direct Elite, 3-6MB down. Speed tests show an avg b/w .6 and .4Mb/s!!! (Thats point 6 and point 4.)

I have a 2701HG-B Gateway. I changed router / wireless passwords, wireless channels, tried other computers. I think its the router or maybe the line. That or they are throttling the connection? How do I troubleshoot this?

I called AT&T support and a machine informed me they are experiencing a higher call volume than usual and hung up on me. AT&T Customer care PM - Ignored me.  

Message 1 of 3 (747 Views)
Community Support

Re: Extremely Slow Internet

Hi tsm.tmiller,

We didn't ignore you! We are just running a little behind because of the large number of people reaching out to us this week. I'm sorry for the delay. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 2 of 3 (708 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Extremely Slow Internet

AT&T ended up coming out the next day after I finally got through via phone. In my case, I actually had an issue in the line outside my house.
Message 3 of 3 (699 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.