Direct Denial Of Service (DDos) Occuring with me

Contributor

Direct Denial Of Service (DDos) Occuring with me

Hello, ive been occuring situations where people would use something called a booter or an online tool used to cut the connection of my internet. I know this simpily because someone in my household that plays video games told me that someone threatens him/her about being "ddosed" and what it does and then suddenly  the whole internet connection in my house hold is gone for an hour. 

I know that I can prevent this by changing my ip address. But ive heard that Ip Adresses cant be changed with At&t service. Is this true? or is this not true? Also how can I get a dynamic ip inorder for my router to change ips automatically.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: Direct Denial Of Service (DDos) Occuring with me

Hello @Mitchll8460 

You IP address is permanently assigned to you with any ISP, that's how they know who you are on the web and it can't be changed on request. The only way that I know of to hide your IP address on the Internet is by using a VPN service, I recommend doing a Google search on those.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support