DSL intermittent loss of sync

DSL intermittent loss of sync

With all due respects to moderators , this problem is poersistent and no field technician knows what it is caused by nor how to fix it . When modem is ON but computer is NOT , modem lights will stay steady green forever .

When I go online , switching websites , clicking on links , and even going to my yahoo.homepage OR ATT homepage , just clicking on Mail will cause the modem to lose sync and start flashing . It comes back up by itself within about 30 seconds . This started about 5 months ago . I have changed cords , changed modems [ATT-2210 2 wire ]  I have a straight connection from nid to modem with an external splitter/filter at the nid . I removed filter and connected straight thru , thereby eliminating the house and phones altogether . Technicians have changed F2 facility from house to dslam , changed DSLAM PORT and even changed to another CARD in the DSLAM - after 5 visits by your technicians , discussion with Tech Help who inturn called the DSG , no solution has been found .  I even ran a CAT-5 cord from the modem and had your technicians connect directly to the F2 terminal outside my house thereby by passing everything inbetween and STILL , it occurs .This is continuous regardless of time of day .

I have read thru the complaints which are identical and read your list of possibilities , but this problem is beyond your expertise , and that of your standard field technicians . MLT testing of the circuit in its entirety is testing CLEAN **** THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE DSLAM ITSELF ,

The possibilities are :

1) THE DSL CARDS WHICH HANDLE 48 CUSTOMERS PER CARD LOCATED AT THE DSLAM CAN ONLY HANDLE A SPECIFIC AMOUNT OF 6 MEG CUSTOMERS WITHOUT AFFECTING ALL CUSTOMERS ON THE CARD .

2) THERE IS ALSO A VRAD-[UVERSE APPARATUS ] at the same site [WHICH IS COMMON ] AND AS YOU KNOW UVERS CUSTOMERS ARE INCREASING AND AS THEY DO BANDWIDTH TO THE WHOLE SITE IS SHARED .

YOUR COMPANY is wasting alot of time, money and, resources, on NON-PRODUCTIVE DISPATCHES . THE GROUP TO RESOLVE THIS IS NOT GETTING INVOLVED FOR WHATEVER REASON ..

The problem has become progressively worse over time and the possible reason is either proliferation of 6 mb dsls , and uvers circuits putting a strain on bandwidth available,  a failure to upgrade equipment OR faulty equipment in the dslam besides the cards themselves . This problem needs to be dealt with by the DSG and DLC groups .My DSL is only 1.5 MB so wire conditioning is not a problem since the wires are clean and distance is within parameters .Feel free to email me , as I can give you the particulars and circuit information .

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: DSL intermittent loss of sync

P.S. this also occurs when connected directly to ethernet . So it's not a router or wireless issue

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support