DSL Speed Reduction and outage.

Contributor

DSL Speed Reduction and outage.

Until recently my DSL High Speed internet has been fast and reliable. About 4 months ago we noticed frequent outages and noticeable decrease in speed. I have contacted ATT several times requesting support. I am alwasy referred to speed test. The ping is always very slow. The chat rep will tell me it is slow. Then I keep getting the same canned answer. "The speed you are getting is within acceptable ranges for the service level."  I have the DSL Ultra, the fastest thing oputside of Uverse (which is not available.

Did some looking around and found what appears to be a power surge burn in the exterior wall mounted Att equipment box mounted to my home. Wouldthis cause the slow speeds and constant outages?

Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: DSL Speed Reduction and outage.

Well I guess nobody knows. I am going to cancel my ATT DSL and get something that is realiable. No use paying for high speed internet and only getting very slow internet with multiple downtimes.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support