Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 30, 2013
11:12:04 AM
View profile
DSL Speed Reduction and outage.

Until recently my DSL High Speed internet has been fast and reliable. About 4 months ago we noticed frequent outages and noticeable decrease in speed. I have contacted ATT several times requesting support. I am alwasy referred to speed test. The ping is always very slow. The chat rep will tell me it is slow. Then I keep getting the same canned answer. "The speed you are getting is within acceptable ranges for the service level."  I have the DSL Ultra, the fastest thing oputside of Uverse (which is not available.

Did some looking around and found what appears to be a power surge burn in the exterior wall mounted Att equipment box mounted to my home. Wouldthis cause the slow speeds and constant outages?

Until recently my DSL High Speed internet has been fast and reliable. About 4 months ago we noticed frequent outages and noticeable decrease in speed. I have contacted ATT several times requesting support. I am alwasy referred to speed test. The ping is always very slow. The chat rep will tell me it is slow. Then I keep getting the same canned answer. "The speed you are getting is within acceptable ranges for the service level."  I have the DSL Ultra, the fastest thing oputside of Uverse (which is not available.

Did some looking around and found what appears to be a power surge burn in the exterior wall mounted Att equipment box mounted to my home. Wouldthis cause the slow speeds and constant outages?

DSL Speed Reduction and outage.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 1:49:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well I guess nobody knows. I am going to cancel my ATT DSL and get something that is realiable. No use paying for high speed internet and only getting very slow internet with multiple downtimes.

Well I guess nobody knows. I am going to cancel my ATT DSL and get something that is realiable. No use paying for high speed internet and only getting very slow internet with multiple downtimes.

Re: DSL Speed Reduction and outage.

2 of 2 (176 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments