Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 31, 2009
9:45:00 AM
View profile
DSL Service Not Available In My Area

I have been waiting for any type of high speed service in my area. There is dsl currently 5 miles down the road from me. I would like to know an ETA for this service, as the contact information page to inform me of this service status is broken. I can guarantee that at least 10 people would be signing up for dsl service around my location if this would finally be provided for my area. ETA please. Thank you. David

I have been waiting for any type of high speed service in my area. There is dsl currently 5 miles down the road from me. I would like to know an ETA for this service, as the contact information page to inform me of this service status is broken. I can guarantee that at least 10 people would be signing up for dsl service around my location if this would finally be provided for my area. ETA please. Thank you. David

DSL Service Not Available In My Area

27 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(27)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2009 9:56:01 AM
(0)
Guru

hi david!

have you tried to check the dsl availability in your area at the att.com website? try to go to att.com and then click on INTERNET AND DSL tab on top. enter your phone number.

http://www.bellsouth.com/consumer/inetsrvcs/index.html

if it still says that it's not available, usually it takes them 3 or 6 months to be available, or even a year. that's the answer i got from one of their sales agent when asked the same question before.

try calling the att sales dept. for more information.

hi david!

have you tried to check the dsl availability in your area at the att.com website? try to go to att.com and then click on INTERNET AND DSL tab on top. enter your phone number.

http://www.bellsouth.com/consumer/inetsrvcs/index.html

if it still says that it's not available, usually it takes them 3 or 6 months to be available, or even a year. that's the answer i got from one of their sales agent when asked the same question before.

try calling the att sales dept. for more information.

Re: DSL Service

2 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2009 11:22:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

hi david!

I doubt it if AT&T rep. would be able to give you an ETA regarding the possiblity of dsl service in your area. It would be better if you write a letter to AT&T management and request it to them. You can let those 10 people to sign up, you can include their full names, complete addresses, and contact info for assurance that they will be ordering also the dsl service. AT&T might set up a DSL direct for your area. :smileyhappy:

hi david!

I doubt it if AT&T rep. would be able to give you an ETA regarding the possiblity of dsl service in your area. It would be better if you write a letter to AT&T management and request it to them. You can let those 10 people to sign up, you can include their full names, complete addresses, and contact info for assurance that they will be ordering also the dsl service. AT&T might set up a DSL direct for your area. :smileyhappy:

3 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2009 1:28:08 PM
(0)
Contributor
DSL is offered two miles to the south of me and five miles to the north. We were told three years ago it would be offered in our area in a year. We were told to keep checking and that would show some interest. We were calling every week for a long while, and keep being told different things. Some representatives say in a year, some say it's on the way, and a couple have been honest and said it's not on the drawing board because there is not enough interest. I do not believe there is not enough interest, but I do believe AT&T is not being honest with us. I have had phone service continually since 1959. WHY CAN WE NOT GET DSL?
DSL is offered two miles to the south of me and five miles to the north. We were told three years ago it would be offered in our area in a year. We were told to keep checking and that would show some interest. We were calling every week for a long while, and keep being told different things. Some representatives say in a year, some say it's on the way, and a couple have been honest and said it's not on the drawing board because there is not enough interest. I do not believe there is not enough interest, but I do believe AT&T is not being honest with us. I have had phone service continually since 1959. WHY CAN WE NOT GET DSL?

DSL all around, but not here

4 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2009 1:23:13 PM
(0)
Contributor
There has been quite a bit of work going on at the sub-station across the road from my house. Second-hand information from an AT&T employee says that DSL capability is being added to that sub-station. Is there any office within AT&T that I can contact to find out when/if DSL is about to be available in my area? Surely there is a planning office somewhere that has a schedule of areas soon to be coming on line...??? Thanks to anyone that can provide helpful info.
There has been quite a bit of work going on at the sub-station across the road from my house. Second-hand information from an AT&T employee says that DSL capability is being added to that sub-station. Is there any office within AT&T that I can contact to find out when/if DSL is about to be available in my area? Surely there is a planning office somewhere that has a schedule of areas soon to be coming on line...??? Thanks to anyone that can provide helpful info.

When Will DSL Be Available To Me?

5 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2009 10:30:57 AM
(0)
Tutor
I would also like to know who to contact to get some reliable info on getting DSL available in my area as well. I would bet that AT&T will not release this info though. Maybe they will prove me wrong....?? Calling AT&T has proved a waste of time. I have been told by AT&T rep that DSL is not available AND that it is available, but that there are no open slots. I've also been told by an AT&T service tech that there is no DSLAM in the equipment that serves our home. So, I have no idea what to believe. I have done some checking using neighbors phone numbers and DSL shows available for houses within 1/2 mile of our house, but all the houses around us show as not available. We moved 8 miles closer to the city last year and are on the edge of the city limit and cannot get DSL. BUT we had DSL at our previous home out in the sticks!
I would also like to know who to contact to get some reliable info on getting DSL available in my area as well. I would bet that AT&T will not release this info though. Maybe they will prove me wrong....?? Calling AT&T has proved a waste of time. I have been told by AT&T rep that DSL is not available AND that it is available, but that there are no open slots. I've also been told by an AT&T service tech that there is no DSLAM in the equipment that serves our home. So, I have no idea what to believe. I have done some checking using neighbors phone numbers and DSL shows available for houses within 1/2 mile of our house, but all the houses around us show as not available. We moved 8 miles closer to the city last year and are on the edge of the city limit and cannot get DSL. BUT we had DSL at our previous home out in the sticks!

Re: When Will DSL Be Available To Me?

6 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2009 4:20:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

My family has been trying to get AT&T DSL services for many years. Currently, we have AT&T Dial-up, and we have tried to contact AT&T Customer Service about upgrading the Phone Box at the end of our road so that we would be allowed to get DSL, but they never seem to understand what we want. We have also talked to an AT&T service tech about upgrading the Phone Box, and he said it would be simple, and that he didn't know why we wouldn't be able to receive it since an even more rural area than where we live got access to DSL. He wrote down our address and phone number, and turned it in, and we were called by AT&T, and they acted as if they didn't know what we were talking about either. We were customers of Bellsouth before AT&T merged with them, and they said that eventually everyone in our county would be able to get DSL, and AT&T said that everyone in our county would be able to get DSL by the end of 2009. I know 2009 isn't over yet, but we've been waiting for over 3 years to get DSL from Bellsouth/AT&T and it has never happened. Contacting them over the phone doesn't work, no matter how much we annoy them. There wasn't anything else I could think of to do, so I decided to try the forums. Any help/insight would be appreciated.

My family has been trying to get AT&T DSL services for many years. Currently, we have AT&T Dial-up, and we have tried to contact AT&T Customer Service about upgrading the Phone Box at the end of our road so that we would be allowed to get DSL, but they never seem to understand what we want. We have also talked to an AT&T service tech about upgrading the Phone Box, and he said it would be simple, and that he didn't know why we wouldn't be able to receive it since an even more rural area than where we live got access to DSL. He wrote down our address and phone number, and turned it in, and we were called by AT&T, and they acted as if they didn't know what we were talking about either. We were customers of Bellsouth before AT&T merged with them, and they said that eventually everyone in our county would be able to get DSL, and AT&T said that everyone in our county would be able to get DSL by the end of 2009. I know 2009 isn't over yet, but we've been waiting for over 3 years to get DSL from Bellsouth/AT&T and it has never happened. Contacting them over the phone doesn't work, no matter how much we annoy them. There wasn't anything else I could think of to do, so I decided to try the forums. Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Trying to get DSL Internet Services.

7 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2009 12:26:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

Re: DSL Service Not Available In My Area

8 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2009 9:02:25 AM
(0)
Contributor
Almost 6 years ago we were promised DSL would be available in our area by the end of the year. Still not available; I never thought to ask by the end of what year!
Almost 6 years ago we were promised DSL would be available in our area by the end of the year. Still not available; I never thought to ask by the end of what year!

9 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2009 9:19:32 PM
(0)
Contributor
Can anyone confirm that this tactic has EVER worked with this company? My street is about 200 yards from DSL, and I've been checking availability regularly for over 3 years, with zero luck.
Can anyone confirm that this tactic has EVER worked with this company? My street is about 200 yards from DSL, and I've been checking availability regularly for over 3 years, with zero luck.

10 of 28 (16,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2009 9:53:02 AM
(0)
Contributor
I am asking about DSL availability for my dad. About 4 years ago they ran new lines down his road, through his yard. He had to sign an easement allowing them to dig up the yard a little bit in order to run the new lines. The new lines are fiber optic lines.

That was 4 years ago, the fiber optic lines were run, yet he still does not qualify for DSL. I have been checking for him regularly ever since they ran the new fiber optic lines to see if he qualifies for DSL. I'm not sure if they have hooked the new lines up to the little distribution box that runs copper to his house, but I'm also not sure what the hold up is here. Or maybe the fiber optic lines aren't meant for residential use?

Another funny part is, he gets calls from AT&T every few months asking him if he would like to sign up for DSL. He tells them that he would if it was available for him, but its not. The customer service rep does a quick check and says "You are right sir, it is not available for you." It might do the representatives some good if they only called customers that have DSL available to them.

The area where he lives does not have cable, and no DSL, means everyone on the road is still using dialup. I would think that AT&T could get a lot of new DSL customers in that area.

I am asking about DSL availability for my dad. About 4 years ago they ran new lines down his road, through his yard. He had to sign an easement allowing them to dig up the yard a little bit in order to run the new lines. The new lines are fiber optic lines.

That was 4 years ago, the fiber optic lines were run, yet he still does not qualify for DSL. I have been checking for him regularly ever since they ran the new fiber optic lines to see if he qualifies for DSL. I'm not sure if they have hooked the new lines up to the little distribution box that runs copper to his house, but I'm also not sure what the hold up is here. Or maybe the fiber optic lines aren't meant for residential use?

Another funny part is, he gets calls from AT&T every few months asking him if he would like to sign up for DSL. He tells them that he would if it was available for him, but its not. The customer service rep does a quick check and says "You are right sir, it is not available for you." It might do the representatives some good if they only called customers that have DSL available to them.

The area where he lives does not have cable, and no DSL, means everyone on the road is still using dialup. I would think that AT&T could get a lot of new DSL customers in that area.

DSL Availability with new lines

11 of 28 (16,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2009 12:38:27 PM
(0)
Employee

if you don't have it now there is not much chance you will get it until they decide to put in Uverse for your street. If your area adds a 100 housing units very close  you MAY get dsl. Sorry about the bad news.

if you don't have it now there is not much chance you will get it until they decide to put in Uverse for your street. If your area adds a 100 housing units very close  you MAY get dsl. Sorry about the bad news.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

12 of 28 (16,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2009 5:44:18 AM
(0)
Contributor
I live in ZIP code 38068 and still can't get DSL service. We've been waiting 7 YEARS! Neighbors living 1 mile away have it. AT&T is losing a lot of money to HughesNet and WildBlue. AT&T... WAKE UP and smell the Technology Coffee!! It's going to be 2010 soon! The Satellite providers will be more advanced than you when their new satellites are launched in 2011. How many more years do we have to wait for AT&T to step up as a REAL provider?
I live in ZIP code 38068 and still can't get DSL service. We've been waiting 7 YEARS! Neighbors living 1 mile away have it. AT&T is losing a lot of money to HughesNet and WildBlue. AT&T... WAKE UP and smell the Technology Coffee!! It's going to be 2010 soon! The Satellite providers will be more advanced than you when their new satellites are launched in 2011. How many more years do we have to wait for AT&T to step up as a REAL provider?

2Rural4DSL - What year is this?? Still No DSL Service Available.

13 of 28 (16,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2009 5:32:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

Dear 2rural, I read your post and just had to reply. AT&T is going the same way of the US Post Office, offering too little too late, everyone and there brother is offering a better service usually at a better price. I have a hospital and a school with in one mile of my house and they have DSL but I can't. All I get from service is keep checking your phone number on the website to see when it is available.....I have for the past 5 years and am sick of it. We are an advanced nation in so many ways but service providers still fall far behind other developed nations. What is up with this? If anyone comes down my road offering an internet service, they will get my business, infact, even if no one does come, we may drop our land line phone (AT&T) and just use cell phones (non-AT&T). I have so many friends using DSL and my kids can't even do school work because the dial up is so bad. Thanks for letting me vent but sometimes I can't stand the arrogance of these providers, sending me flyers in the mail offering DSL when its not even available to me...........

Dear 2rural, I read your post and just had to reply. AT&T is going the same way of the US Post Office, offering too little too late, everyone and there brother is offering a better service usually at a better price. I have a hospital and a school with in one mile of my house and they have DSL but I can't. All I get from service is keep checking your phone number on the website to see when it is available.....I have for the past 5 years and am sick of it. We are an advanced nation in so many ways but service providers still fall far behind other developed nations. What is up with this? If anyone comes down my road offering an internet service, they will get my business, infact, even if no one does come, we may drop our land line phone (AT&T) and just use cell phones (non-AT&T). I have so many friends using DSL and my kids can't even do school work because the dial up is so bad. Thanks for letting me vent but sometimes I can't stand the arrogance of these providers, sending me flyers in the mail offering DSL when its not even available to me...........

Re: 2Rural4DSL - What year is this?? Still No DSL Service Available.

14 of 28 (16,927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2009 8:39:52 AM
(0)
Contributor
My complaint wouldn't be nearly as bad if they had not run new lines in front of my dad's house. Why run new lines and not offer any new services?

I realize that there are rural parts of America, I realize that my dad even lives in one of these rural parts. I know other countries, like Japan for example, are much smaller and have less ground to cover. I realize all of that. But why run new lines if you're not going to run any new services? That just seems like a waste of lines. I suspect that AT&T customers are paying for these lines in some roundabout way, but AT&T is not even using them.

My complaint wouldn't be nearly as bad if they had not run new lines in front of my dad's house. Why run new lines and not offer any new services?

I realize that there are rural parts of America, I realize that my dad even lives in one of these rural parts. I know other countries, like Japan for example, are much smaller and have less ground to cover. I realize all of that. But why run new lines if you're not going to run any new services? That just seems like a waste of lines. I suspect that AT&T customers are paying for these lines in some roundabout way, but AT&T is not even using them.

15 of 28 (16,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2009 9:44:21 AM
(0)
Contributor
AMEN!!! I am glad someone else shares my pain. I was told two years ago that "All AT&T customers would have DSL service by January 2008." Well it almost 2010 and NOTHING! 2-3 miles up the road from me in each direction has DSL and I even had a CSR tell me once that the lines were in my area but a port had not been opened up. I have cut off ALL AT&T services that I once had due to my dissatisfaction. I have tried the satellite services and they are fast but the signal is unreliable. I get the regular mailings too offering all these services if I restore my home phone service and advertising the DSL deals that are offered.........but I can't get them. How about use all that money they are saving out sourcing their tech help to Bangladesh, or wherever it is, to open up that 3 miles of service to many potential customers.
AMEN!!! I am glad someone else shares my pain. I was told two years ago that "All AT&T customers would have DSL service by January 2008." Well it almost 2010 and NOTHING! 2-3 miles up the road from me in each direction has DSL and I even had a CSR tell me once that the lines were in my area but a port had not been opened up. I have cut off ALL AT&T services that I once had due to my dissatisfaction. I have tried the satellite services and they are fast but the signal is unreliable. I get the regular mailings too offering all these services if I restore my home phone service and advertising the DSL deals that are offered.........but I can't get them. How about use all that money they are saving out sourcing their tech help to Bangladesh, or wherever it is, to open up that 3 miles of service to many potential customers.

16 of 28 (16,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2009 7:12:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
i know how you feel. my neighbors about not even 500yrds away have dsl but i dont ive been waiting 8 years for dsl still no service. they need to step it up.
i know how you feel. my neighbors about not even 500yrds away have dsl but i dont ive been waiting 8 years for dsl still no service. they need to step it up.

17 of 28 (16,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2009 2:06:04 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have several people in my subv. that have at&t DSL. they tell me that they didnt run enough lines and don't know when they will.. that has been 5 years
I have several people in my subv. that have at&t DSL. they tell me that they didnt run enough lines and don't know when they will.. that has been 5 years

18 of 28 (16,931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2009 9:52:29 AM
(0)
Contributor
Hi David, I feel your pain. I have called every number on all these stupid sites and no one can help me. They opened a box for 1 busienss, the only business in our area, just up the road from me. I am closer to the box than the business is. I called att and they say that it is not available in my area. I know someone who is a field tech and I asked him about it. he says that I am even on the same slick as this business and that it would be no problem for me to get the service. It seems like poor business move to support 1 business when you have humdreds of residental customers who can be using the service and have been waiting for years. What do you have to do to get some answers from this company? I am beyond mad. to the point that I don't really need a home phone because I have a cell through Verizon and I am ready to cancel the home service also. AHHHHH
Hi David, I feel your pain. I have called every number on all these stupid sites and no one can help me. They opened a box for 1 busienss, the only business in our area, just up the road from me. I am closer to the box than the business is. I called att and they say that it is not available in my area. I know someone who is a field tech and I asked him about it. he says that I am even on the same slick as this business and that it would be no problem for me to get the service. It seems like poor business move to support 1 business when you have humdreds of residental customers who can be using the service and have been waiting for years. What do you have to do to get some answers from this company? I am beyond mad. to the point that I don't really need a home phone because I have a cell through Verizon and I am ready to cancel the home service also. AHHHHH

19 of 28 (16,931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 8:50:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
i live at zip 29180 & get flyers advertising at&t dsl in my area & on the site it even says that i have from the basic DSL all the way to 6.0 Mbps & STILL have nothing available cuz i called & asked & they said it wasnt available. also, they gave a number to another place to see if there was any dsl services offered here & THEY said AT&T covers this area...but NOTING! the main reason i want dsl is so i can play online (PS3) and thats not exactly what dial-up or satellite internet are designed for...or even mobile broadband (except maybe verizon, but it would cost $400.00 per line through their wireless, so thats out). ive also tried both dial-up & satellite & neither are even close to good enough for what i want theres also a company called TruVista that offers dsl service to residential areas less than a mile down the road but absolutely NOTHING here... is it possible that maybe AT&T is expanding here or something? cuz a couple months ago, i saw no offers at all from AT&T & now i see them on 3rd party sites & even on their own...
i live at zip 29180 & get flyers advertising at&t dsl in my area & on the site it even says that i have from the basic DSL all the way to 6.0 Mbps & STILL have nothing available cuz i called & asked & they said it wasnt available. also, they gave a number to another place to see if there was any dsl services offered here & THEY said AT&T covers this area...but NOTING! the main reason i want dsl is so i can play online (PS3) and thats not exactly what dial-up or satellite internet are designed for...or even mobile broadband (except maybe verizon, but it would cost $400.00 per line through their wireless, so thats out). ive also tried both dial-up & satellite & neither are even close to good enough for what i want theres also a company called TruVista that offers dsl service to residential areas less than a mile down the road but absolutely NOTHING here... is it possible that maybe AT&T is expanding here or something? cuz a couple months ago, i saw no offers at all from AT&T & now i see them on 3rd party sites & even on their own...

20 of 28 (16,931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 2:40:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
Occasionally I keep checking for DSL in my area, still nothing. These complaints are so typical of 'big business'. Someone somewhere obviously must be making a decision to roll out additional services to an area but that person seems so far disconnected with what the needs are that they are clearly not making the best decisions. I'd like to challenge that someone (that being an AT&T employee) figure out how the customer (that be us in case your wondering) can put in a request that will actually be answered by the person that makes the decision on who gets DSL and who doesn't. Clearly thats not happening now since most of these complaints listed here seem to be by folks who have gone out of their way to investigate where DSL service is/isn't and need a valid answer as to why the service/equipment isn't being deployed to the areas that need it. It is really sad that all these people are willing to pay the extra money for these services and AT&T still doesn't respond to the requests. I estimate in about a month we will be switched to Verizon Wireless broadband and do away completely with our worthless AT&T phone line.
Occasionally I keep checking for DSL in my area, still nothing. These complaints are so typical of 'big business'. Someone somewhere obviously must be making a decision to roll out additional services to an area but that person seems so far disconnected with what the needs are that they are clearly not making the best decisions. I'd like to challenge that someone (that being an AT&T employee) figure out how the customer (that be us in case your wondering) can put in a request that will actually be answered by the person that makes the decision on who gets DSL and who doesn't. Clearly thats not happening now since most of these complaints listed here seem to be by folks who have gone out of their way to investigate where DSL service is/isn't and need a valid answer as to why the service/equipment isn't being deployed to the areas that need it. It is really sad that all these people are willing to pay the extra money for these services and AT&T still doesn't respond to the requests. I estimate in about a month we will be switched to Verizon Wireless broadband and do away completely with our worthless AT&T phone line.

21 of 28 (15,770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2010 11:53:01 AM
(0)
Teacher
Now ATT has gone from not only not providing DSL, but to actively disconnecting DSL. The email migration will disconnect your ATT DSL service if you are in New Jersey, and probably anywhere in northeast.

ATT forced me to go find a different supplier for DSL service, without any notice, without sending even a simple email. I spent at least six hours on the phone with twelve different (uninformed) ATT customer reps, before getting told, I MISSED THE CUT OFF DATE! A date I was never informed about, until it was too late. What a great customer relations tactic!!!!.

In my opinion (as an ex-customer), don't bother trying to get ATT DSL service in your area, you won't be happy in the long run.

Rich.
Now ATT has gone from not only not providing DSL, but to actively disconnecting DSL. The email migration will disconnect your ATT DSL service if you are in New Jersey, and probably anywhere in northeast.

ATT forced me to go find a different supplier for DSL service, without any notice, without sending even a simple email. I spent at least six hours on the phone with twelve different (uninformed) ATT customer reps, before getting told, I MISSED THE CUT OFF DATE! A date I was never informed about, until it was too late. What a great customer relations tactic!!!!.

In my opinion (as an ex-customer), don't bother trying to get ATT DSL service in your area, you won't be happy in the long run.

Rich.

22 of 28 (15,770 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2010 10:24:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am late to this but i found this while i was searching for hispeed internet on google, I am a AT&T customer (landline & cell) but unhappy about not being able to get the internet I'm at zip 35130 and it's on the road i'm on and stop's about an eighth of a mile from my house, I call customer service and they really don't care one women even told me they have no plan's to ever advance futher than they are now on the road, and another lady said hopfuly everyone will have it offered to them ONE DAY, but the tone she had was like your out of luck. I ame ready to drop landline & cell coverage if someone else comes along, Ihave tried Rodrunner cable, they referred me back to charter, I have tried comcast, they referred me to charter, i tried charter they sais i am 2300 feet from the line and have no plans to came futher. My only options seems to be Wildblue or hughesnet or verizon usb aircard    

I am late to this but i found this while i was searching for hispeed internet on google, I am a AT&T customer (landline & cell) but unhappy about not being able to get the internet I'm at zip 35130 and it's on the road i'm on and stop's about an eighth of a mile from my house, I call customer service and they really don't care one women even told me they have no plan's to ever advance futher than they are now on the road, and another lady said hopfuly everyone will have it offered to them ONE DAY, but the tone she had was like your out of luck. I ame ready to drop landline & cell coverage if someone else comes along, Ihave tried Rodrunner cable, they referred me back to charter, I have tried comcast, they referred me to charter, i tried charter they sais i am 2300 feet from the line and have no plans to came futher. My only options seems to be Wildblue or hughesnet or verizon usb aircard    

23 of 28 (15,770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 10:39:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

We have been checking every 6 months for the past 8 years and they have DSL a mile down both ways from us but won't bring it to us Smiley Sad

We have been checking every 6 months for the past 8 years and they have DSL a mile down both ways from us but won't bring it to us Smiley Sad

24 of 28 (11,302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 10:40:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

they told me it wouldn't do any good to try that, has anyone had success with it?

they told me it wouldn't do any good to try that, has anyone had success with it?

25 of 28 (11,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 10:40:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

I would love to have the answer to that one Smiley Sad

I would love to have the answer to that one Smiley Sad

Re: DSL all around, but not here

26 of 28 (11,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 10:41:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

wow! here we are 2013 and I still can't get it, my friend lives a mile down the road and they have it

wow! here we are 2013 and I still can't get it, my friend lives a mile down the road and they have it

Re: Trying to get DSL Internet Services.

27 of 28 (11,299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 9:01:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you Rocky S. (AT&T) for checking on Sub Station at King Road and State Road 47 South in Lake City, FL.

We understand DSL is not in that Sub Station at this time, but we will continue to request it.

This would be a great benefit to customers in the area and I'm sure it would provide ample Return on Investment for AT&T.

Thank you Rocky S. (AT&T) for checking on Sub Station at King Road and State Road 47 South in Lake City, FL.

We understand DSL is not in that Sub Station at this time, but we will continue to request it.

This would be a great benefit to customers in the area and I'm sure it would provide ample Return on Investment for AT&T.

28 of 28 (9,607 Views)