Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 13, 2013
5:53:21 AM
View profile
DSL Incoming Connection Speed(bandwidth) fluctuates daily.
Edited by vRewind on Sep 13, 2013 at 6:06:36 AM

My family and I currently have the 3.0mbps down and 0.5mbps up plan for DSL. Recently, the incoming speed, which is 3008kbps would go down significantly from 2200kbps to 2600kbps. This never happened before, and it's now occuring on a daily basis. I noticed that it happens late at night, 12am-1am but it would sometimes transfer over until the morning. But once I get home it goes back to 3008kbps. What is causing this porblem. It has never happened before, and I feel like it's only occuring more now. Any answer would be appreciatead.

My family and I currently have the 3.0mbps down and 0.5mbps up plan for DSL. Recently, the incoming speed, which is 3008kbps would go down significantly from 2200kbps to 2600kbps. This never happened before, and it's now occuring on a daily basis. I noticed that it happens late at night, 12am-1am but it would sometimes transfer over until the morning. But once I get home it goes back to 3008kbps. What is causing this porblem. It has never happened before, and I feel like it's only occuring more now. Any answer would be appreciatead.

DSL Incoming Connection Speed(bandwidth) fluctuates daily.

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 10:18:45 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, vRewind!

Are you still experiencing these fluctuations? If so, please send us a private message by clicking here. Make sure to include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, vRewind!

Are you still experiencing these fluctuations? If so, please send us a private message by clicking here. Make sure to include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: DSL Incoming Connection Speed(bandwidth) fluctuates daily.

2 of 4 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 10:49:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

I too an having fluctuating speeds on my ATT DSL.  I have the 6M service and I can be online for an hour then the speed drops to 1M or less with >20% packet loss and 200ms latency.  Then a minute later its back to >4M and 4% packet loss and 80ms latency.  6 years ago my son would have friends over and would have 4 XBox's online gaming with now loss of connectivity. Now the neighborhood has grow and we can't keep one XBox and a Laptop online without issues. I have contacted customer service intermittently over the past two years, they run test (all's fine), changed modems, changed routers and still have the same issues!  I'm very disappointed with the 'service' I'm getting. This is really a problem in the evening when most neighbors are home and I assume using their internet.  Would love to have someone that can fix/resolve this issue contact me.

I too an having fluctuating speeds on my ATT DSL.  I have the 6M service and I can be online for an hour then the speed drops to 1M or less with >20% packet loss and 200ms latency.  Then a minute later its back to >4M and 4% packet loss and 80ms latency.  6 years ago my son would have friends over and would have 4 XBox's online gaming with now loss of connectivity. Now the neighborhood has grow and we can't keep one XBox and a Laptop online without issues. I have contacted customer service intermittently over the past two years, they run test (all's fine), changed modems, changed routers and still have the same issues!  I'm very disappointed with the 'service' I'm getting. This is really a problem in the evening when most neighbors are home and I assume using their internet.  Would love to have someone that can fix/resolve this issue contact me.

3 of 4 (891 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 12:57:39 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, LongTrang!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your internet speeds fluctuate. Have you had a chance to send us a private message using the link provided in my response to the original poster? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, LongTrang!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your internet speeds fluctuate. Have you had a chance to send us a private message using the link provided in my response to the original poster? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (876 Views)