Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 3, 2013
11:41:48 AM
Changing sub-accounts into aliases

I would like to know how to change my sub-account email addresses to primary account aliases.  Does this make sense?  To explain, when I started out with AT&T in 2008, the only method I was aware of to have more than one AT&T email address was to create "sub-accounts," which I did.  I have 4.  All these email addresses are MINE, not other family members'.  

All these sub-accounts and their associated email addresses are becoming too confusing to me.  I want to keep these email addresses as Aliases under my Primary account, and not have any sub-accounts.

I hope this question isn't redundant--- I did a search on the forum using various terms, but nothing turned up that addressed this specific question.  Everything is getting harder for me-- even searches!

Please help!  Thanks.

I would like to know how to change my sub-account email addresses to primary account aliases.  Does this make sense?  To explain, when I started out with AT&T in 2008, the only method I was aware of to have more than one AT&T email address was to create "sub-accounts," which I did.  I have 4.  All these email addresses are MINE, not other family members'.  

All these sub-accounts and their associated email addresses are becoming too confusing to me.  I want to keep these email addresses as Aliases under my Primary account, and not have any sub-accounts.

I hope this question isn't redundant--- I did a search on the forum using various terms, but nothing turned up that addressed this specific question.  Everything is getting harder for me-- even searches!

Please help!  Thanks.

Changing sub-accounts into aliases

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 10:50:00 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Mockingbird_1!

Thanks for your post! It sounds almost like you want to keep your separate sub accounts as folders under your primary? In order to try to help, we will likely need more information, so please send us a private message by clicking here.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Mockingbird_1!

Thanks for your post! It sounds almost like you want to keep your separate sub accounts as folders under your primary? In order to try to help, we will likely need more information, so please send us a private message by clicking here.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Changing sub-accounts into aliases

2 of 2 (90 Views)