Helpful Links

Cannot send email from sbcglobal.net account

Tutor

Cannot send email from sbcglobal.net account

I have not been able to send messages consistently from this account for 4-5 days. After spending 2+ hours with tech support over the last few days, they told me the problem is that I'm sending too many emails...which is funny, since I can only sporadically send anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas? I need to resolve this issue or change ISPs; when I mentioned this option to the last tech I talked to, she didn't seem overly concerned about losing a customer.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Cannot send email from sbcglobal.net account

Hi Kelly,

I am having the same identical issue myself with my sbcglobal account!!!!  This just started a week or two ago and I don't know how to fix it.  Any chance you have the phone number of the tech support you called for this matter?  I can at least add my name to this issue in the hope it gets moved up the list of urgency as this is very frustrating.

Message 2 of 7
Teacher

I got the EXACT same problem on my sbcglobal.net since 3 days. First, it occured sporadically. Then, grew up in frequency. Then, began to get very frequent "Please wait...A Save operation is in progress" message. Also, getting "http error 504" messages. Now I cannot type fast on my keybd, and words I am typing get displayed partially. Yet I am typing very fast on this here site with no problem. I have 2 other PC's at home: A desktop and a laptop. If I use them to access my own account - have no probem! Only my own PC has the problem. Another problem sprung up: After booting my PC, I can ONLY send ONE message. Thereafter, getting above-mentioned problems! Cannot do my work, please help!

Message 3 of 7
Teacher

Too many emails? That is not possible: An sbcglobal.net account has UNLIMITED firing power and storage. See: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401685#fbid=37ht38l7VUx
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I have been having a similar problem with an sbcglobal.net account.

Beginning  few days ago I was unable to send any mail, new, reply or forward.  Each was met with a tab that contained a message regarding some Outgoing Spam filters being triggered.  The first time it happened I was unable to send any mail for a day I think.  I posted on the yahoo help forums and got only one reply from a moderator with links to some page that was not helpful, listing contacts and how to deal with the account if it was an att.net account or a merged att/yahoo account.  Nothing that described what the heck an sbcglobal.net account is in the current state of "who is actually handling my account now - Yahoo or ATT"

The first time I changed the password on the account and later was able to send email but first had to type in one of those "anti-spam confirmation codes" and was thereafter able to send email again.

It just happened again an hour ago.  This time I repeated the password change again and after about 25 minutes was able to again send after once going through the anti-spam confirm code entry.

The only thing I can think of is that stupid outgoing spam blocker does not like seeing url's in the message.  I do not send many messages but I do send links to interesting articles and websites to friends.  In the last 24 hours I sent a total of 4 such messages (one actually contained 2 - the obituary and online legacy book of a family friend who had died - sent to a family member).  I wonder if that is what is triggering this annoying and overly sensitive filter?

Message 5 of 7
Teacher

Most of my problems disappeared around May the 8th, 2013 at 16:00 Hrs! I'm not asking any question. I am now able to send messages galore as I used to some 1.5 months ago. I still get the traditional but now occasional-only "PLEASE WAIT...A SAVE OP IS IN PROGRESS" message, but that could be legit if I ask to save too fast after a just-made SAVE. As well, I get the traditional 504 errors but that is probably due to up-the-chain ops and not necessarily to my immediate Service Access point (a Server, i.e). Tks.

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

If your settings have been changed to the new Full-Featured email options, just change it to the Basic option.

On the top of your Inbox, click on the Options icon (looks like a gear/wheel) next to your name.

Go to Mail Options or Mail Settings.

On the bottom under Account Settings, change the bullet from Full-Featured to Basic. 

On the top, hit Save.

This will change the way your inbox looks, but you should be able to compose & send email now.

sbcglobal-mail-settings.jpg

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support