Can't send or forward emails

Contributor

Can't send or forward emails

If I try to send or forward some emails, it will not recognise the address in the To: field.  Say there are no recipeints in the To or the Send button is grayed out.  Also, the autobounce check did not respond but it will if I check my email on my phone.  Only having this problem on computer.

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Can't send or forward emails

I am having the same problem using the latest Google Chrome on XP Pro.  If I reply to an email in the browser it does not address and I can't type or do anything.

It seems to work OK in IE8, but not in Chrome...

Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: Can't send or forward emails

I had the same problem for several weeks. Experienced in two browsers: Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome.

I finally searched the Internet and followed a suggestion to clear everything because might be something in the cache causing the problem.

So I deleted everything from history, cookies, and Internet temporary files.  

I ran my AVG virus full computer scan (not quick scan), then ran the free Malwarebytes (anti-malware).  

Next I visited Update sites to make sure I had all the latest updates for JAVA and for Microsoft.  For a change I considered the optional Microsoft updates, not just the priority recommended updates.

Also checked for any Chrome updates (click on About Google Chrome from the options menu in top right - the three horizontal lines with options to customize & control Chrome).

I rebooted the computer (turn off and restart) along the way after each activity.

Took a long time to do all those steps, but I haven't seen that problem (send button grayed out) again - not since I put in the time to clear out & update everything.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support