Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 3, 2013
10:02:37 AM
View profile
Can't send or forward emails
Edited by ljt_lost on Jul 3, 2013 at 10:04:29 AM

If I try to send or forward some emails, it will not recognise the address in the To: field.  Say there are no recipeints in the To or the Send button is grayed out.  Also, the autobounce check did not respond but it will if I check my email on my phone.  Only having this problem on computer.

If I try to send or forward some emails, it will not recognise the address in the To: field.  Say there are no recipeints in the To or the Send button is grayed out.  Also, the autobounce check did not respond but it will if I check my email on my phone.  Only having this problem on computer.

Can't send or forward emails

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 2:22:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem using the latest Google Chrome on XP Pro.  If I reply to an email in the browser it does not address and I can't type or do anything.

It seems to work OK in IE8, but not in Chrome...

I am having the same problem using the latest Google Chrome on XP Pro.  If I reply to an email in the browser it does not address and I can't type or do anything.

It seems to work OK in IE8, but not in Chrome...

Re: Can't send or forward emails

2 of 3 (189 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 3:45:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by poppy55 on Jul 6, 2013 at 3:56:59 PM

I had the same problem for several weeks. Experienced in two browsers: Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome.

I finally searched the Internet and followed a suggestion to clear everything because might be something in the cache causing the problem.

So I deleted everything from history, cookies, and Internet temporary files.  

I ran my AVG virus full computer scan (not quick scan), then ran the free Malwarebytes (anti-malware).  

Next I visited Update sites to make sure I had all the latest updates for JAVA and for Microsoft.  For a change I considered the optional Microsoft updates, not just the priority recommended updates.

Also checked for any Chrome updates (click on About Google Chrome from the options menu in top right - the three horizontal lines with options to customize & control Chrome).

I rebooted the computer (turn off and restart) along the way after each activity.

Took a long time to do all those steps, but I haven't seen that problem (send button grayed out) again - not since I put in the time to clear out & update everything.

I had the same problem for several weeks. Experienced in two browsers: Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome.

I finally searched the Internet and followed a suggestion to clear everything because might be something in the cache causing the problem.

So I deleted everything from history, cookies, and Internet temporary files.  

I ran my AVG virus full computer scan (not quick scan), then ran the free Malwarebytes (anti-malware).  

Next I visited Update sites to make sure I had all the latest updates for JAVA and for Microsoft.  For a change I considered the optional Microsoft updates, not just the priority recommended updates.

Also checked for any Chrome updates (click on About Google Chrome from the options menu in top right - the three horizontal lines with options to customize & control Chrome).

I rebooted the computer (turn off and restart) along the way after each activity.

Took a long time to do all those steps, but I haven't seen that problem (send button grayed out) again - not since I put in the time to clear out & update everything.

Re: Can't send or forward emails

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (175 Views)