Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 29, 2013
2:09:51 PM
View profile
Can't attach documents to new email
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 29, 2013 at 9:40:11 PM

I did use my "company voice" and spent over two hours on the phone only to find out that AT&T has foisted this new email platform out on its unsuspected public before it has been fully tested - and now I have to use a round about way to attach documents to an email.  This is not the first time they have done something like this, and as one of their long-term consumers, I am thoroughly disgusted.  To even FIND the appropriate channels is something that almost requires an EE degree...and when I did get there, I learned there were over 1300 users in the same boat.  NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS in my book.

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

I did use my "company voice" and spent over two hours on the phone only to find out that AT&T has foisted this new email platform out on its unsuspected public before it has been fully tested - and now I have to use a round about way to attach documents to an email.  This is not the first time they have done something like this, and as one of their long-term consumers, I am thoroughly disgusted.  To even FIND the appropriate channels is something that almost requires an EE degree...and when I did get there, I learned there were over 1300 users in the same boat.  NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS in my book.

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

Can't attach documents to new email

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 6:52:04 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello cathideal. Thanks for registering and for your post!  I am sorry you had difficulty getting an answer to your questions. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

I wanted to provide the article How to work with email attachments which provides some great information.

Please touch back and let us know if this is helpful.

Thanks so much!  ~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello cathideal. Thanks for registering and for your post!  I am sorry you had difficulty getting an answer to your questions. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

I wanted to provide the article How to work with email attachments which provides some great information.

Please touch back and let us know if this is helpful.

Thanks so much!  ~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can't attach documents to new email

2 of 5 (330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 2:19:17 PM
(0)
Mentor
Try using a different email service when you need to send files. I had to subscribe to another service quite a while back when ATT screwed up their "update". Regards, fiero850
Try using a different email service when you need to send files. I had to subscribe to another service quite a while back when ATT screwed up their "update". Regards, fiero850

3 of 5 (323 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 1:06:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

I just change browsers when I notice attachments are a problem. Most the time Goggle Chrome works, and if it won't add documents then I use Firefox.  I pretty much had to give up on using IE (Internet Explorer) with email if I want to include attachments.

I just change browsers when I notice attachments are a problem. Most the time Goggle Chrome works, and if it won't add documents then I use Firefox.  I pretty much had to give up on using IE (Internet Explorer) with email if I want to include attachments.

4 of 5 (282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 7:13:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

That did not help.  It was just the basic tutorial written by a third party who was told how it is suppose to work, very pretty and lots of 'clip art' but no resolution.  It is not a solution to the problem nor is it an acknowledgement from ATT that the issue will be resolved.  Would like to go back to the old Classic but I don't see how to do this anymore.

That did not help.  It was just the basic tutorial written by a third party who was told how it is suppose to work, very pretty and lots of 'clip art' but no resolution.  It is not a solution to the problem nor is it an acknowledgement from ATT that the issue will be resolved.  Would like to go back to the old Classic but I don't see how to do this anymore.

5 of 5 (199 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments