Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 15, 2013
2:02:50 PM
View profile
Can not send email - here we go again. Come on ATT. Email's only been around for 20 years now.

So here we go again.  I can once again receive but not send.  A common problem I have about once a year with ATT for the past 6 years or so.  I'm running Windows 7, and Windows LIve Mail.  The email outgoing server information that is posted on the support website has NEVER worked for me.  I still have a @sbcglobal.net address.  This time I keep getting a window that pops up asking for my password when it tries to authenticate with the outgoing server.  I've reset my password several times, and nothing works - although I can log into to the webmail app and check email with the newly reset password, just not with Windows Live Mail.  For the outgoing server I use:  smtp.att.yahoo.com; port 587 WITHOUT SSL checked.  This has been the only settings that have ever worked for me.  I've tried using the outgoing server settings posted on this web site (outgoing.att.net), but it can't even find that address.  Does anyone else have this problem. 

So here we go again.  I can once again receive but not send.  A common problem I have about once a year with ATT for the past 6 years or so.  I'm running Windows 7, and Windows LIve Mail.  The email outgoing server information that is posted on the support website has NEVER worked for me.  I still have a @sbcglobal.net address.  This time I keep getting a window that pops up asking for my password when it tries to authenticate with the outgoing server.  I've reset my password several times, and nothing works - although I can log into to the webmail app and check email with the newly reset password, just not with Windows Live Mail.  For the outgoing server I use:  smtp.att.yahoo.com; port 587 WITHOUT SSL checked.  This has been the only settings that have ever worked for me.  I've tried using the outgoing server settings posted on this web site (outgoing.att.net), but it can't even find that address.  Does anyone else have this problem. 

Can not send email - here we go again. Come on ATT. Email's only been around for 20 years now.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2013 2:09:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Meant outbound.att.net, not outgoing.att.net  I always get the 0x800CCC0F when I try to use that outgoing server.

Meant outbound.att.net, not outgoing.att.net  I always get the 0x800CCC0F when I try to use that outgoing server.

Re: Can not send email - here we go again. Come on ATT. Email's only been around for 20 years now.

2 of 6 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 8:48:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem

I can't get Outlook to log onto the outgoing mail server--this started suddenly last week

AT&T won't help (I recently switched providers), Yahoo won't help because these are att accounts

It works fine from the web interface. I did everything they listed in the troubleshooting pages but nothing helped

Arghhhhhhhh

I have exactly the same problem

I can't get Outlook to log onto the outgoing mail server--this started suddenly last week

AT&T won't help (I recently switched providers), Yahoo won't help because these are att accounts

It works fine from the web interface. I did everything they listed in the troubleshooting pages but nothing helped

Arghhhhhhhh

Re: Can not send email - here we go again. Come on ATT. Email's only been around for 20 years now.

3 of 6 (409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2014 11:49:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

So it looks like nobody has any answers to these posts.  Microsoft Outlook is a joke.  I have these same problems, and am not getting any help from Microsoft, ATT, or Yahoo (other email addresses) whatsoever.  I am not going to pay for support that Microsoft should be providing.

So it looks like nobody has any answers to these posts.  Microsoft Outlook is a joke.  I have these same problems, and am not getting any help from Microsoft, ATT, or Yahoo (other email addresses) whatsoever.  I am not going to pay for support that Microsoft should be providing.

Re: Can not send email

4 of 6 (258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 11:32:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same issue - cannot send email. I can receive. I have an sbcglobal.net email about.  Running through Outlook 2010.  If anyone has a suggestion I'd really appreciate it.  I can't get support from my internet provider and can't get support from AT&T.  I've sent a private message - hoping for a response.  Thanks!

I'm having the same issue - cannot send email. I can receive. I have an sbcglobal.net email about.  Running through Outlook 2010.  If anyone has a suggestion I'd really appreciate it.  I can't get support from my internet provider and can't get support from AT&T.  I've sent a private message - hoping for a response.  Thanks!

5 of 6 (215 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 11:38:47 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi dmebusbs,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. Have additional questions, post below or search our forums using the search bar above. Our community members post a lot of great answers!

For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTU-verseCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi dmebusbs,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. Have additional questions, post below or search our forums using the search bar above. Our community members post a lot of great answers!

For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTU-verseCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (212 Views)