04-09-2013 6:54 PM
I have a sbcglobal.net email account & using Internet Explorer 8
When in New att.net email - I can select attach, I can see the document appear as attached, but after I hit send - no attachment transmits on my end or to the recipient.
However if I switch to att.net Classic email - no problem - attachments will email with no problem.
Problem seems to have started after I changed from XP to IE 8.
Anyone else having this problem? Found a solution? Thanks.
04-11-2013 8:21 AM
Hello, I am having the exact issue. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Also, classic mail only worked for a couple of days and now I can't attach documents to that either. I had to open a new email account with a different provider so I can email my work documents. I would love to know how to fix this.
- edited 04-13-2013 8:50 AM
Update on my original post - if I don't use IE browser, I can email attachments
- I realized the problem began after I followed the prompt on my email encouraging me to upgrade my Internet Explorer browser. (was one of the ads that appears on the right side in New ATT mail - I selected and upgraded IE).
- I've concluded the problem probably has something to do with settings within IE. I wish I had recorded my previous settings in IE before I upgraded.
- I added all the ways I access my email through Yahoo & ATT as trusted sites in IE, but still cannot load attachments in New ATT mail.
- There is no indication when using the IE browser that there is a problem. The attachment shows like normal before I send. But after I send when I check the email - no attachments.
Not sure of the soution but found a workaround.
I decided to try a different browser. I downloaded both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- I can use either of those different 2 browsers to add attachments to my email messages in New ATT Mail.
- However never can attach on the first try when I select the attach button on bottom of email (where paperclip appears).
- Instead I get an error that files cannot be sent.
- I select Try Again option, and then in next box that appears I select Switch.
- That leaves the only Attach button option at the top of the email (next to send button).
- I select that top attach button, and it will allow me attach & send attachments with New ATT mail.
It's a few extra steps but at least I don't have to change to Classic mail in order to send attachments.
04-28-2013 10:48 AM
05-15-2013 7:13 AM
Same problem with the added frustration that Classic Mail it will stop allowing me to send messages unless I switch back to New Mail which will not send attachments. After this I can switch back to Classic mail for a while and it works fine but eventually stops allowing me to open or send email so I have to stich again to resor Classic. . I have tried contacting ATT but they make finding anyone that can help very difficult. Does anyone have a phone number that works? The only way I have gotten help in the past is to try to cancel the account whcih I guess I can do again.
06-19-2013 4:47 PM
08-28-2013 9:35 PM
this is amazing. this issues has existed since April 2013 and I was just asked to convert today (August 28th) and the first email I try to send is with an attachement that never finishes (it is only 17KB long). this is a basic functionality of email...
when will this be fixed? if it has, why did my conversion not work?
10-27-2013 7:35 PM
I have this problem too, although my attachments just sit there appearing to upload for forever, but never do, until I stop that action, save the email as a draft, switch to the classic mode and attach from there. I had this problem several months ago and it seemed to resolve on its own, but the problem has returned and has been around now for couple weeks I'd say. I am using Internet Explorer 9 and Windows Vista. When it happened to me several months ago, I was using Internet Explorer 7. I wish they'd fix this.
10-30-2013 1:00 PM
01-07-2014 12:03 PM
I am having the same problem. There is no try again button as I access my Outlook email via yahoo when I am at work. The attach (paperclip) just hangs and hangs and never attaches. If i forward an attachment and then forward it to whom I wish it works. I hate this new upgrade stuff does not work right.