04-09-2013 6:54 PM
I have a sbcglobal.net email account & using Internet Explorer 8
When in New att.net email - I can select attach, I can see the document appear as attached, but after I hit send - no attachment transmits on my end or to the recipient.
However if I switch to att.net Classic email - no problem - attachments will email with no problem.
Problem seems to have started after I changed from XP to IE 8.
Anyone else having this problem? Found a solution? Thanks.
04-11-2013 8:21 AM
Hello, I am having the exact issue. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Also, classic mail only worked for a couple of days and now I can't attach documents to that either. I had to open a new email account with a different provider so I can email my work documents. I would love to know how to fix this.
04-13-2013 8:49 AM - edited 04-13-2013 8:50 AM
Update on my original post - if I don't use IE browser, I can email attachments
- I realized the problem began after I followed the prompt on my email encouraging me to upgrade my Internet Explorer browser. (was one of the ads that appears on the right side in New ATT mail - I selected and upgraded IE).
- I've concluded the problem probably has something to do with settings within IE. I wish I had recorded my previous settings in IE before I upgraded.
- I added all the ways I access my email through Yahoo & ATT as trusted sites in IE, but still cannot load attachments in New ATT mail.
- There is no indication when using the IE browser that there is a problem. The attachment shows like normal before I send. But after I send when I check the email - no attachments.
Not sure of the soution but found a workaround.
I decided to try a different browser. I downloaded both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- I can use either of those different 2 browsers to add attachments to my email messages in New ATT Mail.
- However never can attach on the first try when I select the attach button on bottom of email (where paperclip appears).
- Instead I get an error that files cannot be sent.
- I select Try Again option, and then in next box that appears I select Switch.
- That leaves the only Attach button option at the top of the email (next to send button).
- I select that top attach button, and it will allow me attach & send attachments with New ATT mail.
It's a few extra steps but at least I don't have to change to Classic mail in order to send attachments.
04-28-2013 10:48 AM
05-15-2013 7:13 AM
Same problem with the added frustration that Classic Mail it will stop allowing me to send messages unless I switch back to New Mail which will not send attachments. After this I can switch back to Classic mail for a while and it works fine but eventually stops allowing me to open or send email so I have to stich again to resor Classic. . I have tried contacting ATT but they make finding anyone that can help very difficult. Does anyone have a phone number that works? The only way I have gotten help in the past is to try to cancel the account whcih I guess I can do again.
06-19-2013 4:47 PM
08-28-2013 9:35 PM
this is amazing. this issues has existed since April 2013 and I was just asked to convert today (August 28th) and the first email I try to send is with an attachement that never finishes (it is only 17KB long). this is a basic functionality of email...
when will this be fixed? if it has, why did my conversion not work?
10-27-2013 7:35 PM
I have this problem too, although my attachments just sit there appearing to upload for forever, but never do, until I stop that action, save the email as a draft, switch to the classic mode and attach from there. I had this problem several months ago and it seemed to resolve on its own, but the problem has returned and has been around now for couple weeks I'd say. I am using Internet Explorer 9 and Windows Vista. When it happened to me several months ago, I was using Internet Explorer 7. I wish they'd fix this.
10-30-2013 1:00 PM
01-07-2014 12:03 PM
I am having the same problem. There is no try again button as I access my Outlook email via yahoo when I am at work. The attach (paperclip) just hangs and hangs and never attaches. If i forward an attachment and then forward it to whom I wish it works. I hate this new upgrade stuff does not work right.
Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!
Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!
For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!