Block/Remove FBI Moneypak Ransomware Virus

Contributor

Block/Remove FBI Moneypak Ransomware Virus

When I use the ATT wireless router, I am attacked by the FBI Moneypak Ransomware Virus. What can I do.

Message 1 of 5 (3,274 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Block/Remove FBI Moneypak Ransomware Virus

I don't think it has anything to do with your router. It's your computer that is infected. You can follow the instructions here, or you can call someone like the Geek Squad or a local computer tech. 

Message 2 of 5 (3,257 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

For sure router is not guilty. But calling rescue teams al the time may be a bit expensive for some people. Removing such viruses is not a brain surgery, most people can do themselves.

After a quick search I have found a site with good instructions which add to the post above. The matter is the latest versions of this virus can be cured only with the help of additional bootable drive. Let me provide a link here: http://privacy-pc.com/how-to/remove-fbi-moneypak-virus-if-safe-mode-doesnt-work.html

Message 3 of 5 (1,537 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

You can also download the freeware copy of Malware Bytes and run a full scan on the pc, 95 percent chance if there is one virus there are others that have not shown themselves. You need to keep re-running malware bytes until the scna comes up clean, virii can mask each other so not all of them are removed on the first pass

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

After you machine is cleaned you can either get a subscription fo malware bytes or a free anti-virus like AVG

Message 4 of 5 (1,514 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Ransomware is a rather hard to remove computer threat. I once encountered it and had to pay the ransom. That's really a bad experience. So, is there any effective way to remove ransomware? I also want to know.

Message 5 of 5 (190 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.