Been having random disconnections for a month now

Contributor

Been having random disconnections for a month now

I have been having random disconnections from DSL service for over a month now.  They started on the 27th of March, happened periodically for a period of 10 days, stopped occuring for a week, and have resumed and been continuous since.  It seems to happen more when there is consistent internet use (such as video streaming, a VoIP program, or an MMORPG computer game) but it also happens when I am asleep.

I have attempted the following to alieviate this issue:

-Changed the phone outlet the DSL modem is connected to.

-Changed the Wireless Router the DSL modem is connected to.

-Changed all the ethernet and phone cables.

-Left the DSL modem unplugged for hours.

-Replaced the DSL modem.

-Tried both DSL modems with and without filters.

-Bypassed the Wireless Router with a direct connection.

None of these have had any effect.

When my internet does reconnect sometimes my VoIP program tells me the following:

[1:33:50 PM] UDP packets cannot be received from the server. Switching to TCP mode.

[1:34:03 PM] UDP packets can be sent to and received from the server. Switching back to UDP mode.

I have run out of ideas on what I can try on my end and am convinced this is a problem on AT&T's end, and searches through search engines for people with similar issues have confirmed this idea (and not given much hope for resolution).  I attempted to use your phone system but cannot get through its Byzantine prompts to reach a person who might be able to tell me what is happening.

Please advise.

Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: Been having random disconnections for a month now

Hello @DisappointedRag 

I apologize for the service quality that you're experiencing. Our team will be happy to check on that and help you troubleshoot the issue. Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support