Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 25, 2014
11:37:04 AM
View profile
Been having random disconnections for a month now

I have been having random disconnections from DSL service for over a month now.  They started on the 27th of March, happened periodically for a period of 10 days, stopped occuring for a week, and have resumed and been continuous since.  It seems to happen more when there is consistent internet use (such as video streaming, a VoIP program, or an MMORPG computer game) but it also happens when I am asleep.

I have attempted the following to alieviate this issue:

-Changed the phone outlet the DSL modem is connected to.

-Changed the Wireless Router the DSL modem is connected to.

-Changed all the ethernet and phone cables.

-Left the DSL modem unplugged for hours.

-Replaced the DSL modem.

-Tried both DSL modems with and without filters.

-Bypassed the Wireless Router with a direct connection.

None of these have had any effect.

When my internet does reconnect sometimes my VoIP program tells me the following:

[1:33:50 PM] UDP packets cannot be received from the server. Switching to TCP mode.

[1:34:03 PM] UDP packets can be sent to and received from the server. Switching back to UDP mode.

I have run out of ideas on what I can try on my end and am convinced this is a problem on AT&T's end, and searches through search engines for people with similar issues have confirmed this idea (and not given much hope for resolution).  I attempted to use your phone system but cannot get through its Byzantine prompts to reach a person who might be able to tell me what is happening.

Please advise.

I have been having random disconnections from DSL service for over a month now.  They started on the 27th of March, happened periodically for a period of 10 days, stopped occuring for a week, and have resumed and been continuous since.  It seems to happen more when there is consistent internet use (such as video streaming, a VoIP program, or an MMORPG computer game) but it also happens when I am asleep.

I have attempted the following to alieviate this issue:

-Changed the phone outlet the DSL modem is connected to.

-Changed the Wireless Router the DSL modem is connected to.

-Changed all the ethernet and phone cables.

-Left the DSL modem unplugged for hours.

-Replaced the DSL modem.

-Tried both DSL modems with and without filters.

-Bypassed the Wireless Router with a direct connection.

None of these have had any effect.

When my internet does reconnect sometimes my VoIP program tells me the following:

[1:33:50 PM] UDP packets cannot be received from the server. Switching to TCP mode.

[1:34:03 PM] UDP packets can be sent to and received from the server. Switching back to UDP mode.

I have run out of ideas on what I can try on my end and am convinced this is a problem on AT&T's end, and searches through search engines for people with similar issues have confirmed this idea (and not given much hope for resolution).  I attempted to use your phone system but cannot get through its Byzantine prompts to reach a person who might be able to tell me what is happening.

Please advise.

Been having random disconnections for a month now

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 2:15:00 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @DisappointedRag 

I apologize for the service quality that you're experiencing. Our team will be happy to check on that and help you troubleshoot the issue. Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @DisappointedRag 

I apologize for the service quality that you're experiencing. Our team will be happy to check on that and help you troubleshoot the issue. Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Been having random disconnections for a month now

2 of 2 (254 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments