Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 22, 2014
10:01:43 PM
View profile
BILLING AND iNTERNET ISSUES

I have my Internet billing  $35.85 on automatic on 22nd of each month except for march it was deducted on March 28  and stopped my Internet  account. I had to reapply to get back on the Internet and the

billing was added with another amount. $11.00 more. I received a harrd copy letter confirming my new account. I was unable to use my Internet for almost two weeks. I feel the additional charge should be

removed. I have been AT&T for10 yers or longer and added a new cell phone in March.

I have my Internet billing  $35.85 on automatic on 22nd of each month except for march it was deducted on March 28  and stopped my Internet  account. I had to reapply to get back on the Internet and the

billing was added with another amount. $11.00 more. I received a harrd copy letter confirming my new account. I was unable to use my Internet for almost two weeks. I feel the additional charge should be

removed. I have been AT&T for10 yers or longer and added a new cell phone in March.

BILLING AND iNTERNET ISSUES

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 4:39:31 AM
(0)
Master

@pronet1  wrote:

Sorry to hear about your dysfunctional deductions, sometimes they can make a small mistake and it just snowballs.

I would suggest that you can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" (be very persistent) to the rest of the prompts and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department. They should be able to straighten this mess out for you. They always been very helpful for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

@pronet1  wrote:

Sorry to hear about your dysfunctional deductions, sometimes they can make a small mistake and it just snowballs.

I would suggest that you can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" (be very persistent) to the rest of the prompts and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department. They should be able to straighten this mess out for you. They always been very helpful for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: BILLING AND iNTERNET ISSUES

2 of 3 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 6:59:02 AM
(0)
Employee

Ok here is what might have happened as it happened to me.

Signed up for dsl 10 years ago with an sbcglobal.com email address (i had gmail so for 10 years have never logged into the sbc email), fast foward to last year my autopay stopped and no internet i called customer service and after a few transfers and onhold (yes im an employee and contrary to anyones beleif we do not have a special number to call we call the 800-288-2020 as well). Come to find out they had sent me an email to sbcglobal stating that i had 45 days to call and order the uverse ipdsl before my service was interupted. I had to sign up,wait for a new modem, and wait for a due date to plug the modem in, as it turns out the due date came befroe the modem ,but i was ok with that i only had to wait a few days. My advice to anyone, make sure you specify to the agent you speak with that u will not be using the default email and to use whatever email you currently use as billing and news contacts.

If this is not your situation i would contact dimitri, david or marriana on the forum beaord from the link at the top right of this page

Ok here is what might have happened as it happened to me.

Signed up for dsl 10 years ago with an sbcglobal.com email address (i had gmail so for 10 years have never logged into the sbc email), fast foward to last year my autopay stopped and no internet i called customer service and after a few transfers and onhold (yes im an employee and contrary to anyones beleif we do not have a special number to call we call the 800-288-2020 as well). Come to find out they had sent me an email to sbcglobal stating that i had 45 days to call and order the uverse ipdsl before my service was interupted. I had to sign up,wait for a new modem, and wait for a due date to plug the modem in, as it turns out the due date came befroe the modem ,but i was ok with that i only had to wait a few days. My advice to anyone, make sure you specify to the agent you speak with that u will not be using the default email and to use whatever email you currently use as billing and news contacts.

If this is not your situation i would contact dimitri, david or marriana on the forum beaord from the link at the top right of this page

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: BILLING AND iNTERNET ISSUES

3 of 3 (417 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments