Posted Mar 12, 2014
5:59:39 PM
View profile
An attacker on your network message
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 12, 2014 at 8:03:02 PM

When I try to log into my e-mail, I suddenly started getting this message. What is going on? This is probably not the site you are looking for! You attempted to reach us-mg204.mail.yahoo.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as www .yahoo.com.This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of us-mg204.mail.yahoo.com. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site. Proceed anyway  Back to safety  Help me understand

[disabled live link]

When I try to log into my e-mail, I suddenly started getting this message. What is going on? This is probably not the site you are looking for! You attempted to reach us-mg204.mail.yahoo.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as www .yahoo.com.This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of us-mg204.mail.yahoo.com. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site. Proceed anyway  Back to safety  Help me understand

[disabled live link]

An attacker on your network message

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 8:55:13 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Deb60!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're getting an error message when you try to log into your email. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

We will likely need screenshots in addition to your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, Deb60!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're getting an error message when you try to log into your email. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

We will likely need screenshots in addition to your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: An attacker on your network message

2 of 2 (238 Views)