After sending a REPLY to an email, I'm unable to delete or move that email.

Tutor

After sending a REPLY to an email, I'm unable to delete or move that email.

I'm trying to provide feedback to the new Yahoo Mail format but I can't seem to find any link after 30min of clicking onto all kinds of selections. I'm a sbcglobal.net user and recently, I was forced to upgrade to their new email format. While it has lots of new & useful features, it lacks the most important thing in using emails. After sending off a REPLY to an email, we used to have the option either to delete the email or move it into a folder but now, that option is gone, so I'm forced to go back into my Inbox after sending off the REPLY & then physically remove or move that email, which is very time-consuming and stupid, especially when I've got to send several emails in rapid succession sometimes. I would be most grateful if anyone can tell me how to turn it on again or how to lodge a complaint? Whoever designed this new format is absolutely stupid or doesn't know what's he doing because this feature is basic and necessary. Thank you very much. Clement.

Message 1 of 6 (304 Views)
Mentor

Re: After sending a REPLY to an email, I'm unable to delete or move that email.

[ Edited ]

I think the way it operates now is pretty typical for most other email options such as AOL, Gmail, or Outlook.  

I have to admit that although the function you described was available, I did not use it. Instead I always went back to the InBox to handle the email message, because that's what I have to do with Outlook email at my office. So I'm accustomed to that routine.

For some features that we lost with the upgrade - I've decided to just be happy we had as long as we did. Especially if it's a feature not available with the other popular email options. 

I've also concluded that although I may have used some email features often, others may have not used very much. I assume they looked at whether a function was used often by a majority of the customers before eliminating.

I still voiced my opinion on this board as to which features I miss - but I'm not expecting to see most of them added back.

Message 2 of 6 (275 Views)
Mentor

You also asked about where you can submit feedback.

I can access a Feedback form on the options menu found top right.

When I open the Options icon, it opens a menu.

It reads "Send Feedback" under "Help".  

When I select Send Feedback, a form comes up for me to complete & send with any comments.

Message 3 of 6 (268 Views)
Tutor

Thank you so much, poppy55, for your kind suggestion, which appear to be the only way to provide feedback to AT&T. So, let’s see whether are they interested in our concerns and revert to my feedback. God bless.
Message 4 of 6 (245 Views)
Tutor

Thank you, poppy55, for your kind words of consolation. It appears that the only way to delete any email which I’ve replied to is to go back to my Inbox and delete it physically, which is tedious and retrogressive. Anyway, your response is deeply appreciated. I look forward to communicating with you again. God bless.
Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)
Contributor

Up and down arrows disappeared

I used to be able to navigate or move between emails with the up and down arrows.  Where did they go?

Message 6 of 6 (201 Views)