Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 3, 2012
3:05:37 PM
View profile
Ad block how-to?

One of the features of Yahoo mail plus is said to be "no graphical ads".  I've tried a few things, like opt-out from Yahoo's privacy page but it doesn't work.

Has anyone here discoverd how to get rid of the ads while using web based email?

Here's a link that lists the yahoo mail plus features:  no graphical ads being one of them

http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

One of the features of Yahoo mail plus is said to be "no graphical ads".  I've tried a few things, like opt-out from Yahoo's privacy page but it doesn't work.

Has anyone here discoverd how to get rid of the ads while using web based email?

Here's a link that lists the yahoo mail plus features:  no graphical ads being one of them

http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Ad block how-to?

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2012 1:37:01 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Apr 6, 2012 at 1:42:47 PM

1. Bump ----- anyone?

Sent this question to Yahoo support.  They said AT&T is responsible for ad removal.  OK.  See #1 above. 

1. Bump ----- anyone?

Sent this question to Yahoo support.  They said AT&T is responsible for ad removal.  OK.  See #1 above. 

Re: Ad block how-to?

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 2:34:36 PM
(0)
Contributor
20 bucks to remove the ads!! highway robbery!!... I'll reactivate hotmail before I pay to remove ads.
20 bucks to remove the ads!! highway robbery!!... I'll reactivate hotmail before I pay to remove ads.

3 of 5 (269 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 12:10:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by basenjiboy on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:11:36 PM

These ads on the AT&T email pages have been increasingly intrusive and distracting. .  Pages are slowed noticeably by all the ad material downloading.  Valuable screen space is taken up by ads for sleazy products and services.  This is not good for the quality image of AT&T.  I find myself constantly clicking on the little arrow icon to push them off the screen.

We are paying too much for AT&T phone & internet service to have to be subjected to a constant barrage of annoying and trashy advertising.  Asking us to pay extra to remove it is adding insult to injury.

Maybe it's time to stop using AT&T email altogether.

These ads on the AT&T email pages have been increasingly intrusive and distracting. .  Pages are slowed noticeably by all the ad material downloading.  Valuable screen space is taken up by ads for sleazy products and services.  This is not good for the quality image of AT&T.  I find myself constantly clicking on the little arrow icon to push them off the screen.

We are paying too much for AT&T phone & internet service to have to be subjected to a constant barrage of annoying and trashy advertising.  Asking us to pay extra to remove it is adding insult to injury.

Maybe it's time to stop using AT&T email altogether.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 11:02:00 AM
(0)
Mentor
Use Firefox with the AdBlock Plus add-on. No more ads, anywhere!
Use Firefox with the AdBlock Plus add-on. No more ads, anywhere!

5 of 5 (221 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments