Ask a question

Posted Oct 10, 2013
    10:31:40 PM
    View profile
    ATT Yahoo Email Servers problem handling Microsoft Outlook 2010 Client email?

What is ATT Yahoo doing to correct their Email Servers problem handling Microsoft Outlook 2010 Client email? When will it be fixed ..if ever?  I have successfully used the  MS Outlook Client for several years. Only within the past 2 months have I experience "Server Disconnect Errors".

ATT Yahoo Email Servers problem handling Microsoft Outlook 2010 Client email?

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 11, 2013 7:10:29 AM
    (0)
    Mentor

The problem isn't isolated to Microsoft Outlook 2010 - the problem is with all client email programs (email programs you run from your local computer)...Thunderbird, Evolution, Outlook, all of them...under any operating system.

Regards,

fiero850

Re: ATT Yahoo Email Servers problem handling Microsoft Outlook 2010 Client email?

2 of 6 (324 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 11, 2013 8:56:10 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Thank you for the information.

My Outlook email client seems to be working satisfactory at the moment, but
    I won't be surprised if it crashes soon.

Best regards,

Publicius 58,

Re: ATT Yahoo Email Servers problem handling Microsoft Outlook 2010 Client email?

3 of 6 (319 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2013 2:43:21 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I have used Microsoft Outlook email client since the early 2000's and until 7 days ago had no problems.  Now I can receive email but the server refuses to allow me to send an email.  Anyone else having this problem?

4 of 6 (148 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 1, 2013 2:17:46 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I hear you. I've no problem in the past. I just posted my issue after unsuccessfully speaking with ATT tech support.

5 of 6 (130 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 2, 2013 6:34:50 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Dear Forum,

It has probably been said before, but here is the problem with e.mail from AT&T.  If you call AT&T (or their U-Verse) tech support with a problem that is beyond the trival, they tell you to contact Yahoo as AT&T has bought e.mail service from them.  If you get to a human being at all (doubtful) they ask for your Yahoo account.  They do not talk to AT&T customers!

Because I live in a high-rise condo, the only high speed Internet service I can get is AT&T U-Verse.  (Lucky Me).  I am trying to get an answer right now on a small (thank goodness) problem and I found this forum which, hopefully, will bail me out.

Cheers,

Bob

6 of 6 (120 Views)