ATT Internet Service

Highlighted
Contributor

ATT Internet Service

AT&T's "fast-speed" internet is honestly the worst in America. 10 minutes to watch a 2 minute clip from youtube? 12 hours to download a simple programs when others from like Comcast take 2 hrs? What kind of service is AT&T providing? 1/4 of the time, the modem wouldn't even connect with AT&T because it says something happened at the company.

Message 1 of 13
Community Manager

Re: ATT Internet Service

Hello Kevin Chen,

AT&T offers Internet services with many different speed and price tiers, depending on your location, a much faster option might be available. You can'r really compare DSL service to Cable internet, have you checked to see if U-Verse is available at your address?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 13
Tutor

Well I have spent all day getting dumped off the internet every 5, 15 and 20. It seems they are having a lot of connection problems. I don't know if they are working on it or what but it just wasted my whole day.

Message 3 of 13
Community Manager

Hello @alvasten 

I apologize for the issues you're having. Have you had a chance to contact tech support and troubleshoot? If you need help with that, you can send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 13
Tutor

Got home at 6:50 PM and have already dropped 3 times by 7pm. I am sending this by my cellphone because I can't stay logged on long enough to send anything.
Message 5 of 13
Tutor

I'm using tracer to 12.3.2.207 and the last site I get is 76.253.179.67
Message 6 of 13
Tutor

Looks like it's the turn over point for att and sec in Richardson, Tx.
Message 7 of 13
Tutor

The is SBC not sec
Message 8 of 13
Tutor

Well it is Wed 9:07 pm cst. I have been home since 6 pm trying to fidure out what is wrong with my connectivity. I have metered and toned my connection, swapped my other dsl outlet and still nothing, I emailed the att dsl support help desk 11 hours ago and still no response. I just sent them another email, which took me over 30 mins to write because I dropped connection 6 times, I have ts3 running which gives me an indication of when my connection goes out.

The community support people are fast got a response quickly suggestioning I contact att support with a link, but the link does no good if I don't get answered. 

Message 9 of 13
Tutor

yes,  Just used att speed test. rated at 1.54mbps down and .16mbps up,   hmm I am supposed to have a 6 mbps connection.. I am going to keep posting to this thread till its fixed or I get banned.

Message 10 of 13
Community Manager

Hello alvasten,

Please check your email, one of our managers sent you an email on the 18th requesting some information. You might want to check in your spam folder if you don't see it, just in case. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 13
Tutor

ok I checked my spam folder, nothing there. I checked my trash folder, only thing there from att is sign up for extra tv's. I checked my folder here in the forums and nothing. I checked my sent folders and have 2 messages I sent on the 18th and 2 on the 19th.

Alvasten

Message 12 of 13
Tutor

Ok, it has now been over 48 hours since I sent in my trouble ticket and 96 hours since my trouble started. I still have not heard from anyone except the community managers. This not only starting to make me mad but also wonder who set up the page links for the mobile site. I try and join the support forums for residential but kept sending to business.  Also you have to tell the site after every link you click to go back to desktop. The most Ile links are not useable. 

I guess I should be glad I don't have an att cellphone or I would be a to do anything.

And yes I said I would keep posting till my connection gets 

Alvasten

Message 13 of 13
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support