Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 16, 2011
2:23:12 PM
View profile
AT&T broadband users will soon face a cap on the amount of internet data they can download a month.
AT&T broadband users will soon face a cap on the amount of internet data they can download a month.

ATT USERS BEWARE!

ATT is setting a limits on the amount of Download (Bandwith) you can use for DSL subscribers   CNN posted this MSG today in its tech section.  TELL ATT this wont be tolerated.  If your like me watching vids via netflix, or CNN news streaming media or online gaming (Flight Sim X online) you will meet this limit very fast and be forced to pay more with 10.00 per every 50GB downloaded.    Please help us reverse ATT decision on this poor choice. 

CALL / EMAIL    ATT AND SAY NO TO THIS POLICY!

(WIRED) -- AT&T broadband users will soon face a cap on the amount of internet data they can download a month.

Traditional DSL users will be capped at 150 GB per month, while subscribers to the fiber-backed UVerse system have a 250-GB limit. Usage over that will be charged at $10/month for 50 GB, the company says.

The company says that currently only a small percentage of users -- around 2% -- use this much data a month. If that's the case, it's not clear why the company is bothering to install the caps.

It is, however, the same rationale (and the same usage stat) that the company relied upon to explain why it would be capping iPhone data plans last summer, which had hitherto been "unlimited."

WIRED: Congressman wants to ban download caps

DSL and UVerse connect fairly directly to a hub -- unlike cable connections where users share a local loop that can become congested. Bulk-bandwidth costs for an ISP are a tiny portion of its business costs, and those prices continue to fall even as users consume more and more data.

So, how could a user end up hitting these caps? Streaming video such as HD movies from Netflix, using bittorrent to download movies and heavy gaming with services like Steam can easily eat up lots of data, especially in households with multiple heavy internet users.

AT&T isn't the first large broadband provider to impose caps. Comcast imposed a 250-GB cap shortly after the company was caught throttling bittorrent downloads.

Time Warner Cable tried going further with trials of a service that imposed very low limits for users, which led to a furor among users and lawmakers.

There's little data to demonstrate whether large ISPs actually are experiencing real issues with congestion. Skeptics see the limits as ways to discourage cable video customers from "cutting the cord" and getting their video online, or as a way to pocket profits instead of re-investing in bulking up their infrastructure.

Derek Turner, the research director for the net neutrality advocacy group Free Press says the limits will discourage online innovation, and that with the growth curve of internet usage, the limits will soon catch many internet user.

"When ISPs force their customers to watch the meter, experimentation, innovation and business will suffer," Turner said.

"AT&T's actions are another troubling symptom of a broadband market that lacks meaningful competition, and this move may be the start of a race to the bottom among other providers to see who can squeeze its customers the most. At worst, this is a plan designed to discourage cord-cutting and pad profits; at best, this is another example of an antiquated phone-company business model being forced onto an otherwise vibrant and limitless marketplace."

Thanks for reading

ATT USERS BEWARE!

ATT is setting a limits on the amount of Download (Bandwith) you can use for DSL subscribers   CNN posted this MSG today in its tech section.  TELL ATT this wont be tolerated.  If your like me watching vids via netflix, or CNN news streaming media or online gaming (Flight Sim X online) you will meet this limit very fast and be forced to pay more with 10.00 per every 50GB downloaded.    Please help us reverse ATT decision on this poor choice. 

CALL / EMAIL    ATT AND SAY NO TO THIS POLICY!

(WIRED) -- AT&T broadband users will soon face a cap on the amount of internet data they can download a month.

Traditional DSL users will be capped at 150 GB per month, while subscribers to the fiber-backed UVerse system have a 250-GB limit. Usage over that will be charged at $10/month for 50 GB, the company says.

The company says that currently only a small percentage of users -- around 2% -- use this much data a month. If that's the case, it's not clear why the company is bothering to install the caps.

It is, however, the same rationale (and the same usage stat) that the company relied upon to explain why it would be capping iPhone data plans last summer, which had hitherto been "unlimited."

WIRED: Congressman wants to ban download caps

DSL and UVerse connect fairly directly to a hub -- unlike cable connections where users share a local loop that can become congested. Bulk-bandwidth costs for an ISP are a tiny portion of its business costs, and those prices continue to fall even as users consume more and more data.

So, how could a user end up hitting these caps? Streaming video such as HD movies from Netflix, using bittorrent to download movies and heavy gaming with services like Steam can easily eat up lots of data, especially in households with multiple heavy internet users.

AT&T isn't the first large broadband provider to impose caps. Comcast imposed a 250-GB cap shortly after the company was caught throttling bittorrent downloads.

Time Warner Cable tried going further with trials of a service that imposed very low limits for users, which led to a furor among users and lawmakers.

There's little data to demonstrate whether large ISPs actually are experiencing real issues with congestion. Skeptics see the limits as ways to discourage cable video customers from "cutting the cord" and getting their video online, or as a way to pocket profits instead of re-investing in bulking up their infrastructure.

Derek Turner, the research director for the net neutrality advocacy group Free Press says the limits will discourage online innovation, and that with the growth curve of internet usage, the limits will soon catch many internet user.

"When ISPs force their customers to watch the meter, experimentation, innovation and business will suffer," Turner said.

"AT&T's actions are another troubling symptom of a broadband market that lacks meaningful competition, and this move may be the start of a race to the bottom among other providers to see who can squeeze its customers the most. At worst, this is a plan designed to discourage cord-cutting and pad profits; at best, this is another example of an antiquated phone-company business model being forced onto an otherwise vibrant and limitless marketplace."

Thanks for reading

176 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(176)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2011 1:48:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

Re: If I show you mine, will you show me yours?

121 of 177 (1,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2011 7:16:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

The lowest tier is the best choice now, even downloading continuously on that at the maximum speed will hit the 150gb cap (for non uverse users)

The lowest tier is the best choice now, even downloading continuously on that at the maximum speed will hit the 150gb cap (for non uverse users)

Re: AT&T broadband users will soon face a cap on the amount of internet data they can download a

122 of 177 (1,834 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2011 3:15:14 PM
(0)
Teacher

ok got my bill in!!! omg didnt go near 100mb and got charged this is crazy stuff 

ok got my bill in!!! omg didnt go near 100mb and got charged this is crazy stuff 

Re: AT&T broadband users will soon face a cap on the amount of internet data they can download a

123 of 177 (1,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2011 3:19:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

i dont even download movies or games and get charged!!! under 100 mb

i dont even download movies or games and get charged!!! under 100 mb

124 of 177 (1,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 4:38:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

125 of 177 (1,660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 8:14:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

The head game you guys are playing is pathetic. 20 gigs above what I'm actually using?

The head game you guys are playing is pathetic. 20 gigs above what I'm actually using?

126 of 177 (1,642 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 8:16:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the cap AT&T. Time to switch to Verizon or Time Warner guys.

Thanks for the cap AT&T. Time to switch to Verizon or Time Warner guys.

127 of 177 (1,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2011 6:03:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just got ATT dsl, heck I can't even get below 300ms ping, usually worse.

After reading this and poor dsl speeds regardless of techs, I'm cancelling mine Monday, back to TW.

Just got ATT dsl, heck I can't even get below 300ms ping, usually worse.

After reading this and poor dsl speeds regardless of techs, I'm cancelling mine Monday, back to TW.

128 of 177 (1,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2011 6:14:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

What i find funny is that the graph does not give any actual information. You just don't know whats behind the numbers. How did the amount of bytes occur.

I originally subscriped to Elite DSL and at that time there was no cap. Now it got changed and i don't have a choice.

What are 150 GB in todays world? Not that much.
I watch a lot of netflix and even ATT embraces downloading, email, tv shows etc... but how good is that if you have to think how much that movie translates in gb usage.

Sadly, all the ISP's are in the boad with that and you as a consumer don't have a choice to pick another ISP. It doesn't even mention it if you sign up for the service. At leat i haven't seen it as i tried to upgrade to Uverse. Can't do it right now though.

What can you do, if anything at all. Are there any other providers in Los Angeles?

What i find funny is that the graph does not give any actual information. You just don't know whats behind the numbers. How did the amount of bytes occur.

I originally subscriped to Elite DSL and at that time there was no cap. Now it got changed and i don't have a choice.

What are 150 GB in todays world? Not that much.
I watch a lot of netflix and even ATT embraces downloading, email, tv shows etc... but how good is that if you have to think how much that movie translates in gb usage.

Sadly, all the ISP's are in the boad with that and you as a consumer don't have a choice to pick another ISP. It doesn't even mention it if you sign up for the service. At leat i haven't seen it as i tried to upgrade to Uverse. Can't do it right now though.

What can you do, if anything at all. Are there any other providers in Los Angeles?

129 of 177 (1,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2011 8:26:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, I got informed and then decided to cancel and already have for awhile.  I switched to Cox and its actually faster and better and yes does have a cap, but does not charge if you go over.. I did this a few months ago and did actually go over the cap once of 200 gb and called them and they told me no charge as long as I am not going crazy all the time and it varies they won't bother me and that was what I didnt' like the most about at&t all of a sudden getting more of a bill without me in control.

I actually got rid of all at&t and switched to sprint cell all unlimited rather than not unlmited data for iphone and cox internet and tv and its a better deal and don't have to worry about being charged from my kids being online or watching you tube and netflix over the cap.

saved over $40 a month after leaving att cell to sprint, and leaving att internet to cox and leaving uverse tv to cox!!!

Yeah, I got informed and then decided to cancel and already have for awhile.  I switched to Cox and its actually faster and better and yes does have a cap, but does not charge if you go over.. I did this a few months ago and did actually go over the cap once of 200 gb and called them and they told me no charge as long as I am not going crazy all the time and it varies they won't bother me and that was what I didnt' like the most about at&t all of a sudden getting more of a bill without me in control.

I actually got rid of all at&t and switched to sprint cell all unlimited rather than not unlmited data for iphone and cox internet and tv and its a better deal and don't have to worry about being charged from my kids being online or watching you tube and netflix over the cap.

saved over $40 a month after leaving att cell to sprint, and leaving att internet to cox and leaving uverse tv to cox!!!

130 of 177 (1,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 2:36:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

if this does indeed happen, I'm sure 60-80% of at&t will loose their customers simply because of the amount of family members that uses the internet service 15-20 hours a day... Whenever its networked and they are all on yeah.. Not to forget its also a requirement around where I live for school systems...

It's gonna be another netflix disaster but with At&t if this does happen. What of the people forced into it because thats the only way for internet where they live? Such as Rural areas who is only able to watch stuff from the internet and cannot afford satellite/ cannot get cable due to out of service range etc..?

Not to forget those people who require constant contact with those who are in the military for video calls or uses the internet to find fixes to problems At&t should be aware of / know how to fix/resolve? ( I say should because it seems the customers are the ones actually informing them quite often of problems they do not see in which they should!)

Anyways... If this does happen, bye bye at&t.. no really... the whole company will go under... so think before you act... we don't want this to turn into another netflix disaster now do we?

Just my opinion if the original post is true...

if this does indeed happen, I'm sure 60-80% of at&t will loose their customers simply because of the amount of family members that uses the internet service 15-20 hours a day... Whenever its networked and they are all on yeah.. Not to forget its also a requirement around where I live for school systems...

It's gonna be another netflix disaster but with At&t if this does happen. What of the people forced into it because thats the only way for internet where they live? Such as Rural areas who is only able to watch stuff from the internet and cannot afford satellite/ cannot get cable due to out of service range etc..?

Not to forget those people who require constant contact with those who are in the military for video calls or uses the internet to find fixes to problems At&t should be aware of / know how to fix/resolve? ( I say should because it seems the customers are the ones actually informing them quite often of problems they do not see in which they should!)

Anyways... If this does happen, bye bye at&t.. no really... the whole company will go under... so think before you act... we don't want this to turn into another netflix disaster now do we?

Just my opinion if the original post is true...

131 of 177 (1,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 5:39:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been an ATT customer for many years and I have always loved ATT for their great service. However, the past year all of that has changed when they became excessively money hungry.Their bandwidth cap is absurd and just made them lose another customer.

"\We will communicate early and often with these customers so they are well aware of their options before they incur any additional usage charges. Importantly, we are not reducing the speeds, terminating service or limiting available data like some others in the industry"

First of all, I never got a notification of the bandwidth cap when it was instituted. This morning I got an email at 11:54am telling me I am at 90% of my bandwidth usage for the month. At 11:59am, a mere 5 minutes later, I got a second email telling me I exceeded the bandwidth limit. It is not physically possible for me to have used 15 GB in a 5 minute period. What is the point of a warning email if by the time I am warned, it is already too late? I also expected more from ATT. I chose ATT over other providers because I want the best service, not service that is not even on par with its competitors. I don't care that others in the industry have reduced speeds or limited data, that is why I don't have the service of the other providers. A bandwidth cap of only 150 GB is ridiculous to me. It is clearly an attack on subscribers who love to watch TV streamed through the internet. Uverse customers get a 250 GB cap only because they are paying ATT for TV services! The 150 GB cap is clearly an attack on non-Uverse subscribers only looking to have internet services from ATT without the TV services as well.

I have stood by ATT for a long time because of what used to be superb service, however that has declined to being sub-par in comparisson to its competitors, and I will be gladly canceling my service and switching to Comcast.

I have been an ATT customer for many years and I have always loved ATT for their great service. However, the past year all of that has changed when they became excessively money hungry.Their bandwidth cap is absurd and just made them lose another customer.

"\We will communicate early and often with these customers so they are well aware of their options before they incur any additional usage charges. Importantly, we are not reducing the speeds, terminating service or limiting available data like some others in the industry"

First of all, I never got a notification of the bandwidth cap when it was instituted. This morning I got an email at 11:54am telling me I am at 90% of my bandwidth usage for the month. At 11:59am, a mere 5 minutes later, I got a second email telling me I exceeded the bandwidth limit. It is not physically possible for me to have used 15 GB in a 5 minute period. What is the point of a warning email if by the time I am warned, it is already too late? I also expected more from ATT. I chose ATT over other providers because I want the best service, not service that is not even on par with its competitors. I don't care that others in the industry have reduced speeds or limited data, that is why I don't have the service of the other providers. A bandwidth cap of only 150 GB is ridiculous to me. It is clearly an attack on subscribers who love to watch TV streamed through the internet. Uverse customers get a 250 GB cap only because they are paying ATT for TV services! The 150 GB cap is clearly an attack on non-Uverse subscribers only looking to have internet services from ATT without the TV services as well.

I have stood by ATT for a long time because of what used to be superb service, however that has declined to being sub-par in comparisson to its competitors, and I will be gladly canceling my service and switching to Comcast.

ATT just lost my longtime service to Comcast

132 of 177 (1,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2011 3:03:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

They,AT&T  like the government are too big, they can change their end of a contract anytime they seem fit, but you try it they will disconnect you , charge you or whatever they see fit to do, knowing you can't afford to take them to court. When I had DSL hooked up I had UNLIMITED use, now they change the agreement, all I can do is try to find a different ISP and replace my router/gateway.

They,AT&T  like the government are too big, they can change their end of a contract anytime they seem fit, but you try it they will disconnect you , charge you or whatever they see fit to do, knowing you can't afford to take them to court. When I had DSL hooked up I had UNLIMITED use, now they change the agreement, all I can do is try to find a different ISP and replace my router/gateway.

133 of 177 (1,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2011 8:03:08 AM
(0)
Master

Ky-Vette wrote:

Even if you could afford it, you can't. Check AT&T's  "Terms of Service" which states you forfeit your right to litigation (arbitration only).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Ky-Vette wrote:

Even if you could afford it, you can't. Check AT&T's  "Terms of Service" which states you forfeit your right to litigation (arbitration only).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

134 of 177 (1,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2011 1:14:12 PM
(0)
Mentor

mine still tells me usage not available and they will notify me if I go over, is that even legal?  i want to know what the heck my usage is, not to mention when I signed up I was told its unlimited.  but is comcast any better since they have 250gb cap too?  these are my two choices.

mine still tells me usage not available and they will notify me if I go over, is that even legal?  i want to know what the heck my usage is, not to mention when I signed up I was told its unlimited.  but is comcast any better since they have 250gb cap too?  these are my two choices.

135 of 177 (1,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2011 5:31:03 AM
(0)
Master

robl45 wrote:

If you click on the "Analyze Past Usage" link, if will give you info upto the last tally date. Mine is only 9 days old.

Actually the Comcast cap is better as AT&T DSL users only get 150GB. Comcast has better speeds at lower prices as well.

robl45 wrote:

If you click on the "Analyze Past Usage" link, if will give you info upto the last tally date. Mine is only 9 days old.

Actually the Comcast cap is better as AT&T DSL users only get 150GB. Comcast has better speeds at lower prices as well.

neon_sign.jpg

136 of 177 (1,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2011 7:11:57 AM
(0)
Mentor

i don't remember seeing that, where would that be?  I have uverse, would I see that?  I do get 250gigs I guess, same as comcast it seems, unless comcast isn't charging if you go over, either way, this is rediculous,  once my kids get slightly older, we will easily breach this cap.

i don't remember seeing that, where would that be?  I have uverse, would I see that?  I do get 250gigs I guess, same as comcast it seems, unless comcast isn't charging if you go over, either way, this is rediculous,  once my kids get slightly older, we will easily breach this cap.

137 of 177 (1,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2011 8:05:19 AM
(0)
Master

robl45 wrote:

Sorry, I thought you were a DSL customer. Uverse customers are still outa luck for usage stats as far as I know.

robl45 wrote:

Sorry, I thought you were a DSL customer. Uverse customers are still outa luck for usage stats as far as I know.

neon_sign.jpg

138 of 177 (1,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 2:55:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:59:41 AM

Dear Sir or Madam,
It was very upsetting to learn that you plan to limit DSL home internet usage to 150GB per month. I received an email stating that I was very close to that limit recently. I don't see how limiting something that was always without a limit is not equivalent to, in some way, a bait and switch. I'm taking the time to write you to formally ask you to reconsider this practice. I realize that I have several options when it comes to internet providers but I have been a loyal ATT customer for some time now - going on 8 years for ATT Wireless. My current internet usage will put me over that cap very quickly so I will have no choice but to seek another Internet provider in the upcoming months. I believe in loyalty and integrity and because of this I will not only switch home Internet providers but also leave ATT Wireless for a new carrier. I feel I should be very clear of my intentions should this cap commence forward. Thank you for your valuable time.

Chris {Personal content removed for your safety}

Dear Sir or Madam,
It was very upsetting to learn that you plan to limit DSL home internet usage to 150GB per month. I received an email stating that I was very close to that limit recently. I don't see how limiting something that was always without a limit is not equivalent to, in some way, a bait and switch. I'm taking the time to write you to formally ask you to reconsider this practice. I realize that I have several options when it comes to internet providers but I have been a loyal ATT customer for some time now - going on 8 years for ATT Wireless. My current internet usage will put me over that cap very quickly so I will have no choice but to seek another Internet provider in the upcoming months. I believe in loyalty and integrity and because of this I will not only switch home Internet providers but also leave ATT Wireless for a new carrier. I feel I should be very clear of my intentions should this cap commence forward. Thank you for your valuable time.

Chris {Personal content removed for your safety}

[ Edited ]
139 of 177 (1,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 3:01:00 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 1, 2012 at 7:01:48 AM

they did it for one simple reason, they could get away with it, the whole dsl/cable thing is one big monopoly, hugely anticompetitive and if you live in many places that have a choice of uverse or comcast, you have no choice but to live with the cap.  I have uverse, 250gig cap, comcast also has the same cap and those are the only two choices for internet.  AT&T did it because comcast did it.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].They will keep doing it.  when I signed up for uverse, it was unlimited and it should stay that way for people that were already signed up.

they did it for one simple reason, they could get away with it, the whole dsl/cable thing is one big monopoly, hugely anticompetitive and if you live in many places that have a choice of uverse or comcast, you have no choice but to live with the cap.  I have uverse, 250gig cap, comcast also has the same cap and those are the only two choices for internet.  AT&T did it because comcast did it.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].They will keep doing it.  when I signed up for uverse, it was unlimited and it should stay that way for people that were already signed up.

[ Edited ]
140 of 177 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 8:13:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

Has AT&T lost so many customers that they have to ambush the rest if their loyal customers to meet the top dog's paychecks? Goodby AT&T

Has AT&T lost so many customers that they have to ambush the rest if their loyal customers to meet the top dog's paychecks? Goodby AT&T

141 of 177 (1,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 9:49:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is the first I have heard of this, could someone explain to me where to find notice of these charges.  I haven't noticed any additional charges on my DSL statements and I know we exceed the 150GB.   

This is the first I have heard of this, could someone explain to me where to find notice of these charges.  I haven't noticed any additional charges on my DSL statements and I know we exceed the 150GB.   

142 of 177 (1,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 1:39:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have complained to the FCC and the BBB.  This is a breach of contract.  Unlimited access is now limited and the contract should read as such.

I have complained to the FCC and the BBB.  This is a breach of contract.  Unlimited access is now limited and the contract should read as such.

143 of 177 (1,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 12:58:51 AM
(0)
Expert

This is a peer-to-peer forum, so it is unlikely you'll get a direct response from ATT on this forum.

goconfigure73 wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Chris

This is a peer-to-peer forum, so it is unlikely you'll get a direct response from ATT on this forum.

goconfigure73 wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Chris

144 of 177 (1,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 4:13:24 PM
(0)
Voyager
How many here are concerned with AT&T (and Comcast for that matter) monthly data caps? I have numerous concerns but I just want to start the discussion. Maybe AT&T could listen to our concerns.
How many here are concerned with AT&T (and Comcast for that matter) monthly data caps? I have numerous concerns but I just want to start the discussion. Maybe AT&T could listen to our concerns.

Monthly Data caps

145 of 177 (1,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 5:01:38 PM
(0)
Voyager
A better place for us to complain: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints It will only take you 5 minutes.
A better place for us to complain: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints It will only take you 5 minutes.

146 of 177 (1,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 6:50:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have been with at&t for over 5 years now phone service and dsl service the data cap is B*,I was told everbody has a data cap on there service by at&t ,I think it is time to get new service with somebody else ,my wife is disabled and watches netflix

all the time this is B* remove the data cap my average is aleast 500 GB per month.Man Mad

I have been with at&t for over 5 years now phone service and dsl service the data cap is B*,I was told everbody has a data cap on there service by at&t ,I think it is time to get new service with somebody else ,my wife is disabled and watches netflix

all the time this is B* remove the data cap my average is aleast 500 GB per month.Man Mad

147 of 177 (1,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 7:16:02 AM
(0)
Expert

ATTs Uverse (not available in all areas) has not turned on the meter yet, but they say it will be capped like DSL.

Some have said capping is because they don't want competition with their own on-demand services.  From what I've read, many people are cutting out their TV service and using the Internet for all of their entertainment.

Let us know if you find a provider who IS NOT capping; I think they're all doing that. Smiley Sad

ATTs Uverse (not available in all areas) has not turned on the meter yet, but they say it will be capped like DSL.

Some have said capping is because they don't want competition with their own on-demand services.  From what I've read, many people are cutting out their TV service and using the Internet for all of their entertainment.

Let us know if you find a provider who IS NOT capping; I think they're all doing that. Smiley Sad

148 of 177 (1,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 8:54:40 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Mar 27, 2012 at 5:12:14 AM

I have not founded any in I Austin besides ATT who is doing it, this is {word filter evasion} going to file a compliant with FCC again

I have not founded any in I Austin besides ATT who is doing it, this is {word filter evasion} going to file a compliant with FCC again

[ Edited ]
149 of 177 (1,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 2:57:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ShaunMN on Jan 6, 2012 at 3:32:50 PM

I TOO have been hit with these bogus fee's.

First of all Netflix users, your joking right? Netflix is the biggest scam on the the net!  AS a customer of Netflix you only {please keep it courteous} for using the service(scam) in the first place. Anything that is on netflix is freely available on the net. ahh duh, There is no need to pay for your own short comings. I could end child starvation with the money you waste! Actually on second thought you should be charged for what the rest of us get for free. 

Now as far as the rest of us . The whole reason I have 6.0 is because 100% of my nightly TV programming is via the net. As well as owning 20+ websites that need to be maintained daily. Then there is online gaming, and downloads, etc.,etc. My children are limited to about 150 gigs a week. Us grown ups require a lot more!

I only have att's sporadic service because I have no other choice in my area. However I have set up an appointment with the local cable provider to offer them my services for free if they extend there cable service to my area.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Sincerely,

2%er

PS: SNAP! Wife just informed me that we have sat net in our area. naa, naa, naa naa, hey hey goodbye...

I TOO have been hit with these bogus fee's.

First of all Netflix users, your joking right? Netflix is the biggest scam on the the net!  AS a customer of Netflix you only {please keep it courteous} for using the service(scam) in the first place. Anything that is on netflix is freely available on the net. ahh duh, There is no need to pay for your own short comings. I could end child starvation with the money you waste! Actually on second thought you should be charged for what the rest of us get for free. 

Now as far as the rest of us . The whole reason I have 6.0 is because 100% of my nightly TV programming is via the net. As well as owning 20+ websites that need to be maintained daily. Then there is online gaming, and downloads, etc.,etc. My children are limited to about 150 gigs a week. Us grown ups require a lot more!

I only have att's sporadic service because I have no other choice in my area. However I have set up an appointment with the local cable provider to offer them my services for free if they extend there cable service to my area.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Sincerely,

2%er

PS: SNAP! Wife just informed me that we have sat net in our area. naa, naa, naa naa, hey hey goodbye...

[ Edited ]
150 of 177 (1,285 Views)