AT&T Email, 3rd Party Email Programs, and Windows 8.1

Contributor

AT&T Email, 3rd Party Email Programs, and Windows 8.1

I have just switched from Windows Vista using Windows Mail to Windows 8.1.  After using the Windows Mail App to set up my email, I began running into problems when replying to messages - they would remain in my Drafts folder.  In doing several online chats with Microsoft, I was told that the Mail app in Win 8.1 is very basic and does not function as a regular email program, does not support 3rd party email accounts, and that I need to install a program such as Microsoft Office Outlook; however, they also added that there are other 3rd party email programs available that I can use.

I am very confused, as I've never had any issues before in setting up my email to interface with my email server.  I don't have Office Outlook and would rather not spend the money if there is another email program out there that I can use - Windows Vista, Windows Mail, and AT&T worked just fine!!

Any advice that I can get would be helpful - thank you! 

Message 1 of 2

Re: AT&T Email, 3rd Party Email Programs, and Windows 8.1

Hello cindymazz,

Have you considered Windows Live Mail 2012 (from Windows Essentials)? Windows 8.1 Mail doesn't support POP connections and AT&T email doesn't offer full IMAP support. While it works, I've often found the app to fail to communicate properly for no clear reason. 

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support