45Meg Speed

Anonymous

45Meg Speed

The new 45/5Mb internet speed was just released. You will be able to get this if you are currently on a 32meg profile(2200 ft from VRAD) and pair bonding is available. Requires the new NVG589 and bonded 55/6 profile.

Message 1 of 26 (1,815 Views)
Mentor

Re: 45Meg Speed

In which areas is this available.  Do you have any additional details?

Message 2 of 26 (1,802 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

The cake is a lie!  I repeat... the cake is a lie!

I just checked with multiple departments in AT&T and they have said that in no uncertain terms, I will never ever see this new Internet speed tier.  Apparently, my area is too old of an area and that they have no plans on upgrading the infrastructure in my area.  This is from the mouth of AT&T Plant Management and Engineering in Cleveland, Ohio.

They basically told me that I'm lucky I'm getting what I'm getting and to like it and shut up.

And to think that my VRAD is practically my neighbor and that I can see it from my front door step.  Oh, and my loop length is 580 feet.  Apparently that's not good enough.

Message 3 of 26 (1,780 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I don't think the internet speed roll out is as big a deal as getting more streams.  That's what needs to get going quick.  TWC is running ads here just beating the crap out of Uverse concerning the 4 stream limitation.  It's not a pretty commercial.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 26 (1,774 Views)
Expert

From the article found in the link below:

Following initial deployments in California and Nevada late last month, AT&T has introduced a new, faster U-verse “Power” tier that maxes out at 45 Mbps downstream and 6 Mbps upstream in 40 additional markets, including Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, and New Orleans.

With the latest batch of launches, the new tier is now offered in 17 states in U-verse's 22-state footprint, a spokeswoman said via email. More than half of U-verse subs in those markets are eligible for the U-verse Power offering, she said.

AT&T is selling the new tier to residential customers in qualifying areas for an introductory price of $49.95 per month when it is bundled with U-verse TV and voice services, and agree to a two-year contract. Following the introductory offer period, the Power offering fetches $76 per month.

Prior to Power, AT&T U-verse’s fastest broadband tier was Max Turbo, which delivers up to 24 Mbps downstream for about $66 per month. Other U-verse Internet tiers include Max Plus (18 Mbps down, $56 per month); Max (12 Mbps down, $51 per month); Elite (6 Mbps down, $46 per month); and Pro (3 Mbps down, $41 per month).

By comparison, most of AT&T's cable competitors have rolled out DOCSIS 3.0 services that offer at least 50 Mbps down, with many already supporting tiers that provide downstream bursts of 100 Mbps or more.

AT&T, which ended the second quarter with 9.1 million U-verse Internet subs, has plans underway to bump downstream speeds to 100 Mbps. AT&T said it will expand the Power tier to more markets “on an ongoing basis,” but did not say when it expects to complete the rollout.

The speed upgrades are tied to Project Velocity IP (VIP), a three-year capex infusion that will see AT&T expand the U-verse footprint by another 8.5 million homes, giving it a total penetration of 33 million homes, and fuel the deployment of the telco’s Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network.

The following cities and towns are included in the latest round of Power upgrades:

• Birmingham, Ala.
  • Huntsville-Decatur-Florence, Ala.
  • Mobile, Ala.
  • Hartford, Conn.
  • New Haven, Conn.
  • Jacksonville, Fla.
  • Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
  • Orlando, Fla.
  • West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, Fla.
  • Atlanta, Ga.
  • Champaign, Ill.
  • Chicago, Ill.
  • Indianapolis, Ind.
  • South Bend-Elkhart, Ind.
  • Louisville, Ky.
  • Baton Rouge, La.
  • New Orleans Metro, La.
  • Detroit, Mich.
  • Flint-Saginaw, Mich.
  • Grand Rapids, Mich.
  • Lansing, Mich.
  • Biloxi-Gulfport, Miss.
  • Jackson, Miss.
  • Charlotte, N.C.
  • Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem, N.C.
  • Raleigh, N.C.
  • Cleveland, Ohio
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Dayton, Ohio
  • Toledo, Ohio
  • Charleston, S.C.
  • Columbia, S.C.
  • Greenville, S.C.
  • Chattanooga, Tenn.
  • Knoxville, Tenn.
  • Memphis, Tenn.
  • Nashville, Tenn.
  • Green Bay-Appleton, Wis.
  • Madison, Wis.
  • Milwaukee, Wis.

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/att-u-verse-expands-speed-upgrade/145140

Message 5 of 26 (1,754 Views)
Expert

No Texas locations on that list at all.  Guess we'll be last.  Again.

Message 6 of 26 (1,717 Views)

I live in California, but when I try to change my level from Max Turbo, the "Power" level isn't shown as an option.  

Are there any "secret tips" on who to contact to open a work order with AT&T to get the new service level? (I'm connected at 32200/5040 Kbps now)

Message 7 of 26 (1,678 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Jacksonville Fl here.

Don't currently have U-Verse internet so I logged onto my account and 45 meg speed is available.

The $99 installation fee is a deal breaker though...

U-verse Internet  (Added)
 Hide detailsEdit

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Power$76.00

$11.05 off for 12 months with 1 year term.-$11.05
High Speed Internet Equipment Fee$6.00

Internet Subtotal$70.95
One-Time Charges
 Hide details 
Internet Installation Fee$99.00

One Time Charges Total$99.00

Then again my current speed is okay..

Message 8 of 26 (1,676 Views)
Anonymous

When I called in to upgrade to it the service rep had no idea since it is so new. It's possible there are no spare pairs coming to your house or maybe no available ports at the VRAD. But then again, I would still think it would show up as an option even in those cases. I would call in to see.

Message 9 of 26 (1,676 Views)
Anonymous

trparky wrote:

The cake is a lie!  I repeat... the cake is a lie!

I just checked with multiple departments in AT&T and they have said that in no uncertain terms, I will never ever see this new Internet speed tier.  Apparently, my area is too old of an area and that they have no plans on upgrading the infrastructure in my area.  This is from the mouth of AT&T Plant Management and Engineering in Cleveland, Ohio.

They basically told me that I'm lucky I'm getting what I'm getting and to like it and shut up.

And to think that my VRAD is practically my neighbor and that I can see it from my front door step.  Oh, and my loop length is 580 feet.  Apparently that's not good enough.

You sure you're on VDSL and not IPDSL? You should be able to get it if you are 580ft from a VRAD.

Message 10 of 26 (1,674 Views)
Anonymous

jackdeth999 wrote:

I live in California, but when I try to change my level from Max Turbo, the "Power" level isn't shown as an option.  

Are there any "secret tips" on who to contact to open a work order with AT&T to get the new service level? (I'm connected at 32200/5040 Kbps now)

It may not show up that way because a tech install is required for the speed increase. It's not like the others where they just flip a switch. You will have to call in and setup an appointment for the new speed.

Message 11 of 26 (1,644 Views)
Guru

Yep, I'm on VDSL alright.

All I know is that I'm like waving $20 dollar bills in front of AT&T and they're like "Nope, we don't want them."

Message 12 of 26 (1,643 Views)
ACE - Expert

trparky, AT&T must have so many customers in your area that they can't find the spare pairs to do pair bonding.

I'm wondering when the automatic profile bumps and speed increases are coming?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 26 (1,629 Views)
Anonymous

JefferMC wrote:

trparky, AT&T must have so many customers in your area that they can't find the spare pairs to do pair bonding.

I'm wondering when the automatic profile bumps and speed increases are coming?

Automatic profile bumps was going on, then it was temporarily put on hold. 

Message 14 of 26 (1,624 Views)
Guru

That's the thing, I know that there aren't many people on my street that have uVerse.

Message 15 of 26 (1,622 Views)