2Wire Modem Power button flashing

Highlighted
Contributor

2Wire Modem Power button flashing

I've had Internet service since August 2010. In the past few months I've had growing frustrations with my Internet. At least every other day the power button on my modem starts flashing resulting in no Internet connection. I go hours, sometimes days, without a connection. The only solution I have found is simply unplugging the modem and leaving it unplugged for a long while. I have had the modem plugged in the same spot since I got it. Do I need a new modem? What's wrong with it? 

Message 1 of 4 (482 Views)

Re: 2Wire Modem Power button flashing

praterr wrote:

I've had Internet service since August 2010. In the past few months I've had growing frustrations with my Internet. At least every other day the power button on my modem starts flashing resulting in no Internet connection. I go hours, sometimes days, without a connection. The only solution I have found is simply unplugging the modem and leaving it unplugged for a long while. I have had the modem plugged in the same spot since I got it. Do I need a new modem? What's wrong with it? 

What model is your modem?

AT&T's modems only carry a one year warranty.

It's possible your modem or it's power supply is dying. You could go to a Radio Shack and get a replacement power supply and try that. If it does not solve the problem, you can return the new power supply. Take your old power supply with you so they can match the output voltage, current, and connector size.

Otherwise a new modem will cost you between $75 and $100 from AT&T.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 4 (452 Views)
Contributor

I have another 2wire modem that's never been used. Can I hook it up and it work?
Message 3 of 4 (406 Views)

praterr wrote:
I have another 2wire modem that's never been used. Can I hook it up and it work?

It would depend on what you have.

What is the model number of you current modem?

What is the model number of the "other" modem?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 4 of 4 (384 Views)