used to have dropped download problems

Contributor

used to have dropped download problems

For several years I've had dropped download problems and couldn't watch any videos either. I tried another DSL modem and two different routers, Trendnet and Belkin, but the problem remained. I had the same problem wired and wireless. Two weeks ago I bought a $2 Linksys router at a garage sale, installed it and now everything works fine. What could have been wrong with my equipment? I never changed any settings but left everything at the default settings other than security.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)
Tutor

Re: used to have dropped download problems

Was the LinkSys self-configuring?  (The newer ones are.)  If so, go through the router's bios settings and see what, if anything, is different from what you had been using before with your other routers.  I know that you manually changed the security settings, but something else could be different, too.  You didn't say what you were using as a DSL modem at present, either.

Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support