Internet Forums

Posted May 3, 2012
6:40:36 PM
View profile
used to have dropped download problems

For several years I've had dropped download problems and couldn't watch any videos either. I tried another DSL modem and two different routers, Trendnet and Belkin, but the problem remained. I had the same problem wired and wireless. Two weeks ago I bought a $2 Linksys router at a garage sale, installed it and now everything works fine. What could have been wrong with my equipment? I never changed any settings but left everything at the default settings other than security.

Thanks,

For several years I've had dropped download problems and couldn't watch any videos either. I tried another DSL modem and two different routers, Trendnet and Belkin, but the problem remained. I had the same problem wired and wireless. Two weeks ago I bought a $2 Linksys router at a garage sale, installed it and now everything works fine. What could have been wrong with my equipment? I never changed any settings but left everything at the default settings other than security.

Thanks,

used to have dropped download problems

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2012 4:22:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

Was the LinkSys self-configuring?  (The newer ones are.)  If so, go through the router's bios settings and see what, if anything, is different from what you had been using before with your other routers.  I know that you manually changed the security settings, but something else could be different, too.  You didn't say what you were using as a DSL modem at present, either.

Was the LinkSys self-configuring?  (The newer ones are.)  If so, go through the router's bios settings and see what, if anything, is different from what you had been using before with your other routers.  I know that you manually changed the security settings, but something else could be different, too.  You didn't say what you were using as a DSL modem at present, either.

Re: used to have dropped download problems

2 of 2 (126 Views)