used to have dropped download problems

Contributor

used to have dropped download problems

For several years I've had dropped download problems and couldn't watch any videos either. I tried another DSL modem and two different routers, Trendnet and Belkin, but the problem remained. I had the same problem wired and wireless. Two weeks ago I bought a $2 Linksys router at a garage sale, installed it and now everything works fine. What could have been wrong with my equipment? I never changed any settings but left everything at the default settings other than security.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2
Tutor

Re: used to have dropped download problems

Was the LinkSys self-configuring?  (The newer ones are.)  If so, go through the router's bios settings and see what, if anything, is different from what you had been using before with your other routers.  I know that you manually changed the security settings, but something else could be different, too.  You didn't say what you were using as a DSL modem at present, either.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support