Helpful Links

upset with overcharging

Contributor

upset with overcharging

I have had ATT internet for over a year and had no problems. I lost my job as did my roommate. To cut back costs we had been talking about getting a home phone and dropping my cell phone (which was with a different carrier). A rep talked to me one day when paying the bill and said I could get this awesome deal for internet/home phone service. I made sure that I asked him multiple times if there any fees and that it would only cost me 40 dollars but that the first two months I would probably be charged 60 dollars and then they would credit my account and the 3rd month I wouldn't have a bill to pay. When I received the 3rd bill it was still 60 dollars. I called. I was told that something must have messed up and that the next bill would have a credit on it. In my mind that means I wont have a bill to pay next month and the next bill I would still have a 20 dollar credit. WRONG. I got a credit of 20 dollars bringing my bill for that month down to 40 dollars. So they were basically still charging me 60 dollars. I have had nothing but lies. I am now paying 80 plus dollars a month. TWICE what was promised. But you would think that is where the lies ended.

When I got the initial service switched I was promised my internet would ONLY be interrupted for a matter of 2 or 3 hours. WRONG. Seven days after I had my phone on I finally got internet. Because of all the delays and the fact that during this 7 day delay in internet service I was told I was getting a 50 dollar gift card for the inconvenience.  That was over a year ago. In those seven days I spend at least 25 hours on the phone just trying to find out what was going on. Since the change over I probably spent at least 80 hours on hold or getting lied to. I have found a handful of people fully know what's going on and honestly try to fix the problem. In the end they probably think they have it fixed only for me to get a bill and be disappointed yet again. I am to the point that I know a cable company that charges about the same price but wont screw with my bill. I think I'd rather pay them. Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 3
Tutor

Re: upset with overcharging

I have to call every month. My ill is "straightened out" each month by a different person and still over charged. I cannot tell you how many people tell me different stories. the solution ....leave AT&%!
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: upset with overcharging

"the solution ....leave AT&%! "
and post complain with BBB
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support