upgrading internet speed?

Highlighted
Contributor

upgrading internet speed?

When upgrading my Dsl speed do i keep the same modem or do they give u a new one for a higher speed?
Message 1 of 2 (1,954 Views)
Employee

Re: upgrading internet speed?

Hi power,

There is no need to replace your modem if you are going to upgrade your internet speed. Your connection is actually provisioned in the AT&T server and the purpose of your modem is just to deliver the said speed. Basically, all DSL modems should be capable in handling any connection speed. However, there are certain factors that could possibly affect the efficiency or performance of your modem such as outdated firmware version, mechanical and electrical drawback, and some interference that surrounds it.

You may just ask our Sales Team if they could make some arrangements for you to get a new modem when you upgrade your speed. You can call them at  888-321-2375 and just say "Sales" at the prompt. Their hour of operations are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.

Thank you.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (1,954 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.